Billy Gilmour has Covid, OUT for 10 days.

Coulthard's Jaw

1 hour ago, swansongs said:

Even if he was they're only <95% preventative. 

95 % preventive after the second shot, 85 % after the first shot. But it also reduces the chance of infecting others by 90 %.

Just sayin that if you are living in a closed bubble with people who have also been vaccinated, the chances of getting it are very small no? Just wondering how he got it.

57 minutes ago, B-Real said:

95 % preventive after the second shot, 85 % after the first shot. But it also reduces the chance of infecting others by 90 %.

Just sayin that if you are living in a closed bubble with people who have also been vaccinated, the chances of getting it are very small no? Just wondering how he got it.

Unless teams got special treatment (which is a possibility but not heard anything about the UK / Scottish government giving the football teams it) then he's been too young to get it until very recently which wouldn't have given him enough time to gain any protection.

Edited by Tony85

Has there even been a bubble in place? I've not followed that sort of detail closely enough myself. I sort of assumed with it being a "home" group stage they'd still be seeing family etc relatively normally.

17 minutes ago, m_fenton said:

Has there even been a bubble in place? I've not followed that sort of detail closely enough myself. I sort of assumed with it being a "home" group stage they'd still be seeing family etc relatively normally.

From Southgate pre-tournament:

"Asked whether players will be able to see their families during the tournament in order to boost morale, he said: "That's a little bit more difficult.

"That's part of the reason why we always give them time with their families before the tournament.

"Once we're into the tournament itself, UEFA have basically said we've got to stay within a bubble. So we've got to make that atmosphere as relaxed as we can."

This makes absolutely no sense why just Gilmour and nobody else from the Scotland squad who surely he's been in close contact with? Surely he was also in close contact with most of the England players too not just Mount and Chilwell because they shared a moment at the end.

32 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

This makes absolutely no sense why just Gilmour and nobody else from the Scotland squad who surely he's been in close contact with? Surely he was also in close contact with most of the England players too not just Mount and Chilwell because they shared a moment at the end.

Public image innit.

Bizarre.  Two England players counted as close contacts but not one Scotland player?!  Maybe the Chelsea boys got together after the game and went round the pubs in London?

I think it's more like Scotland trying to bend the rules and say no-one has been with him because no-one else has tested positive. Someone mentioned up above that two Scottish players were filmed on Instagram playing table tennis with him today which suddenly disappeared from the internet. Trying to hide something so they don't have to isolate?

Edited by Tony85

Public Health England (PHE) guidance states that someone could be considered a close contact and might have to self-isolate if they had a face-to-face conversation within one metre or had been within two metres of someone for more than 15 minutes who tested positive for Covid-19.  The Scottish FA currently says there are no close contacts identified from inside their camp

WHAT? :D

So two of our players might be out for ten days after a fleeting post match conversation but none of the rest of the Scottish team have been near enough to him?  STOP THE MADNESS.

Edited by Rob1981

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

WHAT? :D

So two of our players might be out for ten days after a fleeting post match conversation but none of the rest of the Scottish team have been near enough to him?  STOP THE MADNESS.

Yeah, makes absolutely no sense, no matter of how you look at it.

Even if we go with that ridiculous rule, how could it possibly be that noone had contact with Mount and Chiwell afterwards?