[Suggestion] Option to lock the sidebar

XaW

This a small QoL feature I'd like. Just a preference option or something lock the sidebar.

I've often managed to move the items up or down by accident and while it's not really an issue moving it back, I'd like to be able to just lock it to avoid doing so. I often set it up as I want and don't want to change it any more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2021 at 18:09, XaW said:

This a small QoL feature I'd like. Just a preference option or something lock the sidebar.

I've often managed to move the items up or down by accident and while it's not really an issue moving it back, I'd like to be able to just lock it to avoid doing so. I often set it up as I want and don't want to change it any more.

If you open up "sidebar menu table" found in panels/generic you can remove "drag_rows" from the table widget in the <!--club table--> container (4th container down)

This affectively locks the sidemenu.

Of course, make your changes first :)

Bit of a faff, but it does the job.

Edit* This locks the whole sidebar for me but you may need to remove "drag_rows" from a few more of the table widgets in the file. <!--nation table--> for instance if you're managing a national team.

Edited by Tyburn

7 hours ago, Tyburn said:

If you open up "sidebar menu table" found in panels/generic you can remove "drag_rows" from the table widget in the <!--club table--> container (4th container down)

This affectively locks the sidemenu.

Of course, make your changes first :)

Bit of a faff, but it does the job.

Edit* This locks the whole sidebar for me but you may need to remove "drag_rows" from a few more of the table widgets in the file. <!--nation table--> for instance if you're managing a national team.

Ah! Nice workaround! I'll get on it. Still think my suggestion could be useful, it's a bit easier than getting into skin modding! :D