Match 23: Portugal V Germany 5pm BST - live from Fußball Arena München (ITV)

TM

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff. Hope there's some way Hungary can beat Germany but they both go through.

Portugal need a point against France most likely, a defeat by 2 goals or more might be curtains.

Just now, DJ said:

Gosens, by the way, is half Dutch. Could have chosen Oranje. Traitor :mad: ;) 

De Boer probably wouldn't have called him up :D

2 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Hate to say it but if i looked like that i wouldnt need much of an excuse either :D 

That's the thing with him. He is a show off, but if 'if you can do it, it's not bluffing' as Zlatan quoted Muhammed Ali. 

Edited by DJ

7 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Good stuff. Hope there's some way Hungary can beat Germany but they both go through.

If Hungary beat Germany and France beat Portugal then Hungary would be runners-up and Germany would be third on three points... so might get through but might not.

Yeah, somehow regardless of how poor we look, when Portugal comes around they just self destruct against us. Last time it was Pepe being a genius and getting a red card like what, 20 minutes in? Now they acted as if Germany was playing with 10 man and ignored Gosens. :lol:

Edited by Freakiie

48 minutes ago, TM said:

there was an article I read recently - never saw the game in question and I'm not going to say Ronaldo isn't one of the greatest players to play the game but Portugal played Croatia in a Nations League game last year, won 4-1 and Ronaldo didn't play

a lot of people saying that they were fuid, fast moving and ripped Croatia apart.  It's probably not much considering Croatia in recent history (even before this tournament) but it's food for thought

Ronaldo got a goal and assist but generally he was rather poor. Fernandes was virtually invisible. But yeah when Ronaldo plays, again everything is about him. Fernandes is a better set piece taker but who takes it? Ronaldo.. lol

Havertz, Gnabry and Muller looked brilliant in that trio. All interchanging. Sanches was excellent when he came on. You just think, if only he started.

Amazing how Gnabry has really transformed his career.

I never thought it to be possible doing what he’s done. Shows we shouldn’t give up on players when/if they make that first move and it doesn’t work out quickly enough

3 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Yeah, somehow regardless of how poor we look, when Portugal comes around they just self destroy against us. Last time it was Pepe being a genius and getting a red card like what, 20 minutes in? Now they acted as if Germany was playing with 10 man and ignored Gosens. :lol:

Yeah, it's interesting to analyze, there is something between both national teams that perfectly suits Germany. I wonder whether this is purely tactics or also something concerning mentality. 

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Not really, they just keep leaving him alone.

He's scored like 25 goals over the past two seasons, better goalscorer than Werner.

Yeah but the occasion of this game etc.

1 hour ago, VamPook said:

Really?

Yeah, I mean, they have three points with a game to go. How can they be out already with that loss?

38 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

Remarkable to see that Germany always seem to win so easily from Portugal. 

Six straight wins against Portugal now for Germany since Euro 2000 when Portugal won 3-0. 

18 goals for and just 4 against.

Gosens said Ronaldo just ignored him without saying a word, but hey, nothing like the media adding a bit from them for dramatic purposes. :idiot:

Just now, Marius_R said:

Gosens said Ronaldo just ignored him without saying a word, but hey, nothing like the media adding a bit from them for dramatic purposes. :idiot:

Yeah that didn’t seem believable. Did the media add it or just whoever tweeted that though?

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Yeah that didn’t seem believable. Did the media add it or just whoever tweeted that though?

No Gosens said it in his autobiography and Gosens said Ronaldo did refuse him.

"After the final whistle I went to him, having not even gone public to celebrate ... but Ronaldo did not accept. I asked: 'Cristiano, can I have your shirt?' He didn't even look at me, he just said: 'No!'"

Just now, Crazy_Ivan said:

No Gosens said it in his autobiography and Gosens said Ronaldo did refuse him.

"After the final whistle I went to him, having not even gone public to celebrate ... but Ronaldo did not accept. I asked: 'Cristiano, can I have your shirt?' He didn't even look at me, he just said: 'No!'"

I can buy that, just not the “too small” part. Why would that make him say no to Gosens? :D

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

I can buy that, just not the “too small” part. Why would that make him say no to Gosens? :D

I'm not sure why a 25 year old is writing an autobiography tbh but I'm guessing he was desperate for anecdotes to fill his book and the media being the media added the spice in to it. 

29 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

I'm not sure why a 25 year old is writing an autobiography tbh but I'm guessing he was desperate for anecdotes to fill his book and the media being the media added the spice in to it. 

This. 

37 minutes ago, VamPook said:

Not sure if a 9 year old article is any show of his character and no doubt there will be several articles that show him as arrogant selfish rich player. I can show the same number of articles, how much is kind, frindly and have big heart to those in need.

That is why I made the question in the first place. ;)

5 minutes ago, Carambau said:

If people still believe that Ronaldo is arrogant they are lost and deluded.

Yeah, because telling the critics to shut up after scoring a penalty against Cagliari days after you lost at home to Porto is the definition of a humble individual.

39 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, because telling the critics to shut up after scoring a penalty against Cagliari days after you lost at home to Porto is the definition of a humble individual.

Just try to differentiate between the trademark "CR7" on the pitch and in the media and the real person. Maybe then you get it.

Edited by Carambau

9 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Just try to differentiate between the trademark "CR7" on the pitch and in the media and the real person. Maybe then you get it.

Him being a good guy off the pitch who does a lot of great charity work doesn't mean he can't be arrogant.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Him being a good guy off the pitch who does a lot of great charity work doesn't mean he can't be arrogant.

Still, you dont get it.

The arrogance is a part of his "CR7" image he has to fulfill as people (or fans) want to see that. Got nothing to do with his real self. 

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

The arrogance is a part of his "CR7" image he has to fulfill as people (or fans) want to see that. Got nothing to do with his real self. 

That's complete rubbish tbf. It's been his natural personality for years and years.