Match 23: Portugal V Germany 5pm BST - live from Fußball Arena München (ITV)

TM

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cristiano Ronaldo has scored his 19th goal at the World Cup and European Championships combined; no European player has ever scored more across the two competitions (level with Miroslav Klose)

just a ridiculous scoring record at the highest level :thup:

3 minutes ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

I know the rules changed a long time ago but it still is grating to see Ronaldo basically offside when the first pass comes in which allows him to be in a better position for the 2nd pass.

Fair enough, i hadn't realised the rule had changed. Always thought you were considered to be gaining an advantage if you're offside on the break like that - isn't he only ahead of the defence by being offside on the previous pass? How is that not considered to be gaining an advantage on the previous pass? Not sure I agree with the rule change but I guess you have to adapt 

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Some left foot on Gosens, every big club should be looking at him (though I hope he stays at Atalanta)

I guess he's quite limited in that he's not a proper left back, so would be ideal for anyone that plays with a back 3

2 minutes ago, MIR17 said:

I didn't realise the rule had changed. Always thought you were considered to be gaining an advantage if you're offside on the break like that - isn't he only ahead of the defence by being offside on the previous pass? How is that not considered to be gaining an advantage on the previous pass?Fair enough if you're not nowadays 

Law 11 - Offside (thefa.com)

The rules have changed a bit over time

3 minutes ago, MIR17 said:

I didn't realise the rule had changed. Always thought you were considered to be gaining an advantage if you're offside on the break like that - isn't he only ahead of the defence by being offside on the previous pass? How is that not considered to be gaining an advantage on the previous pass?Fair enough if you're not nowadays 

It's been like this for ages. RvN and Henry used to take advantage of this all the time. It's all about phases of play. Bernardo to Jota is the first phase, Jota to Ronaldo is the second