Match 23: Portugal V Germany 5pm BST - live from Fußball Arena München (ITV)

TM

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• TM changed the title to Match 23: Portugal V Germany 5pm BST - live from Fußball Arena München (ITV)

Germany can't be any worse surely, and despite being dominated by the French they had their own decent spell where they could easily have grabbed a draw. Portugal despite all the talent seem to play within themselves and it almost feels like the whole team is there to serve Ronaldo, who they are so reliant on.

2-1 Germany.

PERMUTATIONS: Portugal can confirm a top two finish with a win.  Germany aren't out if they lose but they would need to beat Hungary on the last matchday and then hope they could still get through as a best third place team with only three points.  A draw here doesn't qualify anybody for definite, but it does mean Portugal and France could then play out a draw on Matchday 3 knowing that the other two teams can't catch them.

Pougatch likes the sound of his own voice far too much.  His approach is basically

"Guest, listen to me spend twenty seconds putting my opinion to you in the form of a question, which I will then give you a maximum of five seconds to agree with".  Rinse and repeat.

Souness trying to get thrown off ITV here :D

he's saying the same thing I said about the Croatia game, England won and it was comfortable but there was nothing exciting about the team, Croatia were terrible as well.  I know it's the groups and we've seen teams get off to a fast start (one example off the top of the my head is the Holland one in Euro 2008 when they beat Italy and France easily in the groups and then lost to Russia in the knockouts, albeit a decent Russian team)

playing two holding midfielders isn't going to work, creativity is needed and not swapping Foden for Grealish when Foden has been the best player for England at that point.  Right back to Portugal V Germany ;)

Edited by TM

2 minutes ago, TM said:

Souness trying to get thrown off ITV here :D

he's saying the same thing I said about the Croatia game, England won and it was comfortable but there was nothing exciting about the team, Croatia were terrible as well.  I know it's the groups and we've seen teams get off to a fast start (one example off the top of the my head is the Holland one in Euro 2008 when they beat Italy and France easily in the groups and then lost to Russia in the knockouts, albeit a decent Russian team)

playing two holding midfielders isn't going to work, creativity is needed and not swapping Foden for Grealish when Foden has been the best player for England at that point.  Right back to Portugal V Germany ;)

Just the same old boring pundit he's always been

5 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Pougatch is dreadful.  Yes, I know they are talking about England again but why pay top dollar to get Gary Neville and then immediately cut across him when you've asked him a question.

He's been doing it all tournament, SHUT UP POUGATCH

We only see them every 2 years and forget how bad some presenters/pundits/comms can be

6 minutes ago, Haguey said:

We only see them every 2 years and forget how bad some presenters/pundits/comms can be

Pougatch is regularly on the international feed during the PL season though. :( :D

Edited by Darius1998

Still maintain that it's even more tedious reading all you complaining about the pundits than it is listening to them.

I mean you moan about how they're not talking about the match - yet I go into a match thread - and there is nothing about the match except a bunch of people whining about how they're not talking about the match.

Just now, Tony85 said:

Still maintain that it's even more tedious reading all you complaining about the pundits than it is listening to them.

I mean you moan about how they're not talking about the match - yet I go into a match thread - and there is nothing about the match except a bunch of people whining about how they're not talking about the match.

Does that mean you are meta-whining then? 

7 minutes ago, Haguey said:

He also does the England games.

The weirdest thing about him is he always talks like it, even when he's in dictionary corner on Countdown.

I think ITV can do better.

Will Portugal dare to attack, they normally play defensively against any big team.

36 minutes ago, thefmveteran86 said:

Should be decent match up this

36 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Lacked width v France. Kimmich and Gosens will have to get higher. 

35 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Löw: "We need to make tactical changes to our attack since it didn't work"

Also Löw: Let me play the exact same not working attack as last match.

:seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull:

34 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Germany can't be any worse surely, and despite being dominated by the French they had their own decent spell where they could easily have grabbed a draw. Portugal despite all the talent seem to play within themselves and it almost feels like the whole team is there to serve Ronaldo, who they are so reliant on.

2-1 Germany.

27 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Germany haven't beaten a decent team for about 3 years so they'll need to pull something out here 

24 minutes ago, john1 said:

Will be interesting game, I think Ronaldo will get the winner. 2-1

22 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

PERMUTATIONS: Portugal can confirm a top two finish with a win.  Germany aren't out if they lose but they would need to beat Hungary on the last matchday and then hope they could still get through as a best third place team with only three points.  A draw here doesn't qualify anybody for definite, but it does mean Portugal and France could then play out a draw on Matchday 3 knowing that the other two teams can't catch them.

2 minutes ago, Tony85 said:

Try reading the thread :thup:

1 minute ago, john1 said:

Pepe is 38?! :eek: 

Portugal still had Bruno Alves at the last World Cup. Seems that they must always have a 38-year-old in their team.

*checks Wikipedia*

Wait? Bruno Alves is STILL playing?!