Match 21: England vs Scotland - 8pm (BST) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY

Coulthard's Jaw

If anything good comes of that match, it's Lee ****ing Dixon can't spend 60 minutes going on about Grealish and them throwing him up on the big screen, **** me so cringeworthy 

Awful game, no idea why Foden went off, Kane and Sterling did nothing all game. Have some balls Southgate and take 1 of Rice or Philips off 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THEY FOUGHT LIKE WARRIOR POETS, AND WON... a point. 

Well done, Scotland! The better team in the second half! ****ing brilliant. Fought for everything. 

The Scotland fans have been equally immense. Out singing the dour faced English fans all night!

Edited by Tikka Mezzala

Meh, we're still topping the group. Auld rivals games are always tight (though rarely 0-0 :D)

Kane should be dropped for the tournament as he's either off his game or injured. Absolute passenger. Start Rashford or DCL instead.

James unconvincing, Rice/Phillips simply no good against a low block. Mings played nervous. We need Maguire and Henderson back.

Pickford or Foden probably MOTM.

Grealish didn't do enough off the bench to earn a start imo. Think all he did was get fouled.

Hopefully beat the Czechs and hopefully Scotland turn Croatia over to go through :thup:

Boring, boring night.

Only one of Phillips/Rice should play against Czech Republic. Against other teams playing them both has purpose and can really help us, but if a team is gonna sit deep against us their game just isn't about driving forward with the ball and playing passes between the lines that you need.

Well the only possible explanation for Southgate's approach to substitutions is some kind of 4D chess to try to finish second or third in the group.

Eleventy billion pounds of talent on the bench and he kept on Sterling, whose own mother would have subbed him off out of sympathy, and took the best attacking player on the pitch by three miles off first. And forgot about the other three subs, because obviously we don't have any other decent players in the squad, and we were playing far too brilliantly to consider a change.

Looking forward to Ramsdale up front in the next game tbh. Might run around a bit more.

Kane was garbage, Rice and Phillips spent the entire game trying to play the exact same position, net result was that we were trying to play possession football with about 9 men.  Southgates solution was to put Rashford up front and play big diagonals to him.  Baffled. Awful, awful performance.

Gareth Southgates big brain play to setup a group final match with czech where a draw guarantees the easier knockout stage...

However, they will lose to Czech and Scotland will be beating Croatia up until the last minute when they will concede an injury time equaliser that will knock them out and put england though

it's coming home boys, ITS COMING HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Weird game. Scotland played like they knew they had to get something, England played like they knew a draw was enough.

Felt like Luke Shaw had several moments and ****ed up every single one. His delivery was awful and his lack of energy at the end was a disgrace. Chilwell should come in.

Bit surprised that Southgate didn't bring Grealish on and Kane is surely close to being dropped. I reckon his issues with Spurs are getting to him

2 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

THEY FOUGHT LIKE WARRIOR POETS, AND WON... a point. 

Well done, Scotland! The better team in the second half! ****ing brilliant. Fought for everything. 

The Scotland fans have been equally immense. Out singing the dour faced English fans all night!

God give the guy a few cans of tenants and an England v Scotland game and he turns into a rabid nationalist! You’re only a hop, skip and a Tory vote away from becoming a Rangers fan :D

2 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Meh, we're still topping the group. Auld rivals games are always tight (though rarely 0-0 :D)

Kane should be dropped for the tournament as he's either off his game or injured. Absolute passenger. Start Rashford or DCL instead.

James unconvincing, Rice/Phillips simply no good against a low block. Mings played nervous. We need Maguire and Henderson back.

Pickford or Foden probably MOTM.

Grealish didn't do enough off the bench to earn a start imo. Think all he did was get fouled.

Hopefully beat the Czechs and hopefully Scotland turn Croatia over to go through :thup:

Boring, boring night.

Yeah I pretty much agree with all of this. 

Frightening, we've got so much attacking talent but we have a manager that can't get a functioning system to get them involved, nor the balls to change it when it isn't. Way out of his depth, shocker of a manager.

That was really ****ing awful. Looked really passive, felt like playing for the draw rather than a win. Fair play Scotland though they were excellent.

I was fine with us battling to a 1-0 win over Croatia, but this was the chance for us to really send out a message, like Italy, Belgium and the Netherlands have. Instead, we've served up our most tepid attacking performance since the 2010 World Cup against Algeria.

Scotland got their tactics spot-on and deserve the draw. In fairness, though, if we can't beat them, that surely bursts any slim hopes we might have had of going all the way.

I went into the Euros with lowered expectations anyway and would have been delighted if we got to the Quarters. I can't imagine France, Germany or Portugal would've been frightened of us before tonight... and now even Spain and Sweden will be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of us facing them.

4 minutes ago, The Golden boy said:

Since the group stage of the Euro's was introduced, only 2 teams (France 1984 and Spain 2008) have won all the group stage games and won the tournament.

It's still coming home lads!

This is true. 

Portugal won the lot drawing all 3 of their group games. And they played some ***** as well. 

That game is the perfect example of why we never win a tournament under Southgate. Terrible performance and the manager does virtuality nothing to change it. You've got five substitutions in this tournament and you don't even use the usual three.

Kane should have been hooked earlier had awful game, Sterling left on to stink up the whole 90, and persisting with both Rice and Philips for the entire match when they've done nothing to link the defence and attack. Too timid from Southgate.

Find it so frustrating that Sterling is getting the bulk of the criticism. He was the only one making good runs in the box towards the end. He stays on because his movement is exceptional, and the likes of Kane, Foden, Mount, Grealish etc should have enough quality on the ball to offset his weaker technical ability.

2 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

God give the guy a few cans of tenants and an England v Scotland game and he turns into a rabid nationalist! You’re only a hop, skip and a Tory vote away from becoming a Rangers fan :D

I'll respond to this slant against me properly when I've taken my face paint off! :D 

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

McCoist MOTM again for me.

He is amazing, Baptista quoted him last night, "as cool as the other side of the pillow"

I'd have him replace Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday, Jeff has some of him quipps fed to him, McCoist wouldn't need anyone :D 

This is what happens when you know in advance which groups "cross". There should be a random draw after the groups, to avoid calculations. Still, Scotland played well, and earned one last shot at going through. Against my Croatia.:(

Edited by Bunkerossian