Match 18: Netherlands - Austria

1 minute ago, DJ said:

Silly yellow for de Roon. Dangerous, because he is our vacuum cleaner and will get into more situations like that.

No need to worry, maybe just sub him at HT. Austria is a toothless tiger :D

Edited by Carambau
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JP giving a shout-out to World Soccer for their preview magazine. Not sure if that's allowed on the BBC, but I concur with his sentiments. Was essential reading before the tournament. :thup:

German commenator thinks that was off side. It was a throw in ffs :D

Just now, ArsenalFan7 said:

Austria looks like another Switzerland, boring, unambitious team that may as well not turn up to the tournament

Some teams just look like they cant be bothered. I dont get it.. i understand they want to get through, but its rare for a team to look crap and dull, to then all of a sudden turn it on in the knockouts when it counts.

They're bothered, but again like Switzerland they also know the important game is the last one against Ukraine. They seem more concerned here with keeping the score down so that, if they lose to Ukraine, they've got a chance of keeping a 0 GD and going through in 3rd place with 3 points. Or maybe a positive GD if the defeats are close enough

Edited by Astafjevs
8 minutes ago, CFuller said:

JP giving a shout-out to World Soccer for their preview magazine. Not sure if that's allowed on the BBC, but I concur with his sentiments. Was essential reading before the tournament. :thup:

Used to have that magazine for a good ten years running. Loved wonderkids sections

Just now, Citizen Kane said:

Used to have that magazine for a good ten years running. Loved wonderkids sections

Used to buy World Soccer semi-regularly when I was about 12-14. FourFourTwo has been my go-to magazine for years, and I enjoyed their Euro preview as well. The Guardian's website always provides plenty of useful insight from local perspectives too.

We're too passive and slow at the moment. Inviting a lucky punch. 

Just now, Marius_R said:

Even Alvaro Morata scores that. :D

With still got at least another couple of games for Morata to do something worse :D 

20 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Some teams just look like they cant be bothered. I dont get it.. i understand they want to get through, but its rare for a team to look crap and dull, to then all of a sudden turn it on in the knockouts when it counts.

Send them home, they are ****ing clueless :D Can’t even get in the box

Not a great half but the result is OK. We really should have been 2 goals up

8 minutes ago, cyclonus1010 said:

Biggest miss of the tournament so far?

7 minutes ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

Miss of the tournament.

Marcus Berg's was worse.

Jenas moaning that Weghorst didn't go for a difficult volley and set up a tap in.

I dont think that chance was the easiest for Weghorst.

I can see why they want him to be confident, but its not a nailed on goal... and his ball across was spot on.

30 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Austria looks like another Switzerland, boring, unambitious team that may as well not turn up to the tournament

Their record in tournaments is dreadful. 

Two wins in 16 competition games, one clean sheet. Not made the KOs of a tournament since 1954. 

14 minutes ago, cyclonus1010 said:

Biggest miss of the tournament so far?

I think Berg's and Ronaldo's were both worse. 

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

I swear there's an interview with Phillips in the match coverage of every single game now.

Don't know how many times I've heard about him mum/granny now...

Setting him up for a red card v Scotland and dogs abuse

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

I swear there's an interview with Phillips in the match coverage of every single game now.

It is barely an interview tbf, just this ridiculous sycophant telling him how brilliant he is.

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

It is barely an interview tbf, just this ridiculous sycophant telling him how brilliant he is.

He seems like a decent guy. Just find it odd how it's at least the 3rd time the focus has been on him now.

Edited by EnterUsernameHere

I think it's about time we swap Weghorst for a fast player

1 hour ago, HOORAY HENRIK said:

No free kick prior for the dive?

Yeah, I was confused, too. The whole situation only came about because of a blatant dive. I guess VAR can't check that scene because the Ref has decided to continue, but it's kinda messed up.

That goal has to come soon. You just know the Austrians will get a corner and score otherwise.

Whoa, triple sub. Malen on, here is our speed man.