Match 18: Netherlands - Austria

DJ

• DJ changed the title to Match 18: Netherlands - Austria
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PERMUTATIONS: If we get an outright winner here then they will definitely qualify for the Round of 16.  If it's Netherlands then they are confirmed as group winners already with a game still to play.  If it's Austria then Austria would definitely be through but (I think) could still finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the group.  At the other end, North Macedonia are out unless Austria win.

Edited by Rob1981

I know Weghorst scored in the first game and had a great season for Wolfsburg but I was expecting Malen to get a shot at some point upfront

Edited by TM

Just now, TM said:

I know Weghorst scored in the first game and had a great season for Wolfsburg but I was expecting Malen to get a shot at some point upfront

Malen is a better fit for 4-3-3 
I suspect that he'll come on at some point if we are behind in the second half. Berghuis would be an option, too.

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

tbf most of the time when these threads go up ahead of KO the lineups aren't on the UEFA Twitter page.

I know, they are painfully slow at putting them out :mad:

Edited by Baptista_8

Lainer and Laimer still in for Austria - that'll be fun for the commentators. At least they haven't restored Baumgartlinger to play alongside Baumgartner. :D

I reckon the Dutch will be too classy for their visitors tonight. 2-0 Oranje win.