Match 15: Italy vs Switzerland - 8pm BST - ITV - Live from Rome

Pompeyboyz

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys, second Italy match, get all your dark horses out of their sheds again.

Personally, after seeing Turkey against Wales, Italy has been relegated from "Probably a dark horse" back to "Might be a dark horse" as their performance against Turkey looks a lot less impressive now. Can they show a good enough performance tonight to go back to "Probably a dark horse"?!

PERMUTATIONS: Turkey are out altogether if Switzerland win here. Even if they got a massive win on the final matchday and the other result went for them they would stay behind Italy on h2h record and only be able to finish 4th and not 3rd.

Not sure what that segment was about talking the Man Utd/Arsenal tunnel, weird. Pougatch also doesn't allow for much talking, like he always have to get his voice in. Asked Viera about the penalty, and by the time he got to talk about it, Pougatch was butting in to talk about Bale goal :D 

6 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

Not sure what that segment was about talking the Man Utd/Arsenal tunnel, weird. Pougatch also doesn't allow for much talking, like he always have to get his voice in. Asked Viera about the penalty, and by the time he got to talk about it, Pougatch was butting in to talk about Bale goal :D 

POUGATCH is terrible. 

31 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Got a sneaky feeling this will be a draw.

I think it's going to be a high scoring game, which could be classified as odd as both these sides are typically very defensive in the group stage,

4 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

20 minutes in and it's been a segment on Keane and Vieira in the tunnel and an interview with Southgate.

They were so excited about the Keane and Vieira stuff they were talking about it yesterday. “Tune in tomorrow when we’ll be talking about THAT incident in the tunnel!” etc. Absolutely bizarre.

If they want to get him agitated they would be better off talking about him storming out of the Ireland camp on the eve of WC2002. At least that’s vaguely relevant to an international tournament, but funnily enough they don’t seem to mention it to him too often.

17 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Cassano can continue talking about how Verratti shouldn't start even if healthy. :D

He's a f****g idiot, that's what he is. Also the most annoying of the 4 from Bobo TV. In fact, the only annoying one. 

Edited by Marius_R

1 minute ago, Marius_R said:

He's a f****g idiot, that's what he is. Also the most annoying of the 4 from Bobo TV. In fact, the only annoying one. 

Whenever I randomly tune in, he's yelling and using stereotypical Italian hand gestures. :D

Every show needs a guy like that.:lol:

4 minutes ago, Yuko said:

He's also the only one doing any talking :D 

That's because he's yapping all the time. Was funny when I started watching, but it's become increasingly irritating hearing him yell all the time, interrupting the others, the guests...

I know it's not conventional TV, and the 4 really make a good team and complement each other(well, 3 of them do, because Ventola looks lost most of the time :lol:), but I just wish he'd shut up every once in a while. 

Edited by Marius_R

5 minutes ago, Marius_R said:

That's because he's yapping all the time. Was funny when I started watching, but it's become increasingly irritating hearing him yell all the time, interrupting the others, the guests...

I know it's not conventional TV, and the 4 really make a good team and complement each other(well, 3 of them do, because Ventola looks lost most of the time :lol:), but I just wish he'd shut up every once in a while. 

yet Ventola is the only one that makes sense :P  

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Can't wait for Shaqiri's short man syndrome aggression to come out if he scores

Back when he was at Inter, he had knee problems and Mancini who was the coach at the time sent him to a mountain healer. :lol:

Then Shaqiri complained about how the injury got even worse and derailed his career.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Back when he was at Inter, he had knee problems and Mancini who was the coach at the time sent him to a mountain healer. :lol:

Then Shaqiri complained about how the injury got even worse and derailed his career.

I knew the first bit, didn't realise how much Shaqiri held it against him

1 minute ago, Baptista_8 said:

I love a raw strong, pacey striker who can just score or even just create havoc out of nothing. That could be Embolo.

4 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Can't wait for Shaqiri's short man syndrome aggression to come out if he scores

Love the casual stereotyping going on from you :applause:

Just now, brez22 said:

I might jinx myself here but him and Seferovic are right up there in the world with finding chances and subsequently missing them. Then again Seferovic scored 26 in Portugal last season which I just can't believe.

Yeah, that's why I added cause havoc as well as scoring :D