Marko Arnautović seems to have been suspended on the UEFA website

https://disciplinary.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/updates/026a-12887d9afecd-83f2e59002a4-1000--ab-austria-v-north-macedonia/

DECISIONS
AB: Austria v North Macedonia
Last updated 06/16/2021 12:57

The UEFA Appeals Body has announced the following decision:

Match: UEFA EURO 2020 group stage match between Austria and North Macedonia, played on 13 June in Bucharest, Romania.

Incidents: Marko Arnautovic - Insulting another player, Art. 15(1)(a)(iv) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations

Decision:

The UEFA Appeals Body has decided:

-To suspend Austrian Football Association player, Marko Arnautovic, for the next (1) UEFA representative team competition match for which he would be otherwise eligible, for insulting another player.

1 minute ago, Rafalution said:

What did he say? 

"I f*** your Albanian mother!", apparently aimed at Alioski. Plus some white supremacist symbol or something like that. 

16 minutes ago, Marius_R said:

"I f*** your Albanian mother!", apparently aimed at Alioski. Plus some white supremacist symbol or something like that. 

If he didn't mention Albanian, it would be the most common Balkan insult. :D
Although, nationality being included is also pretty common.

But like this, he deserves a ban. He got off easy with just one game.

11 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

If he didn't mention Albanian, it would be the most common Balkan insult. :D
Although, nationality being included is also pretty common.

But like this, he deserves a ban. He got off easy with just one game.

Agree he's got off lucky. He knows what he's doing with the reference to nationality

1 hour ago, Barry Cartman said:

https://disciplinary.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/updates/026a-12887d9afecd-83f2e59002a4-1000--ab-austria-v-north-macedonia/

DECISIONS

Match: UEFA EURO 2020 group stage match between Austria and North Macedonia, played on 13 June in Bucharest, Romania.

Incidents: Marko Arnautovic - Insulting another player, Art. 15(1)(a)(iv) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations

Decision:

-To suspend Austrian Football Association player, Marko Arnautovic, for the next (1) UEFA representative team competition match for which he would be otherwise eligible, for insulting another player.

This is why I keep harping on about pasting in PLAIN TEXT. This is what that post looks like to me:

image.thumb.png.bacb3f562a1a41a2b52d278e3ba6f46f.png

8 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

This is why I keep harping on about pasting in PLAIN TEXT. This is what that post looks like to me:

And that's why I don't use it because it's rubbish and doesn't work :D

I even gave you a link to click on 

21 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

And that's why I don't use it because it's rubbish and doesn't work :D

I even gave you a link to click on 

Huh? This is what it would look like if you had clicked to make it plain text:

DECISIONS

Decision:

36 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

That looks like a crap FM skin thats gone wrong :D

As for the ban, is 1 game enough.. feels like statement in punishments should be made at the top level.

10 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

Huh? This is what it would look like if you had clicked to make it plain text:

DECISIONS

Decision:

I meant the theme 

1 hour ago, Confused Clarity said:

Been there for a while now. Can change it by clicking theme at the bottom of the forum.

In the light of the postings here, I think I'll pass ^^

Just want people who think it's a mere insult to maybe learn a little here, the word he used is as offensive as if I used the k word here in South Africa towards a black person.

These developments resulted in the word Šiptari in Serbian usage acquiring pejorative connotations that implied Albanian racial and cultural inferiority. It continued to be used by some Yugoslav and Serb politicians to relegate the status of Albanians to simply one of the minority ethnic groups. The official term for Albanians in South Slavic languages is Albanac (Cyrillic: Албанац, Slovene: Albanec; plural: Albanci, Cyrillic: Албанци).[34] At the end of the Second World War, the Serbs invented the word "siptara" taken from the word "shqiptare". The term means "Albanian", but it is a racist way to define Albanians as inferior to Serbs. The term is still used on TV and newspapers.

13 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

Just want people who think it's a mere insult to maybe learn a little here, the word he used is as offensive as if I used the k word here in South Africa towards a black person.

Honestly, absolutely noone calls them Albanians. Not just Serbs.
And those in question are mostly Kosovars, terms which is used sometimes.

Two nations hate eachother and that's no secret, but this part is just a joke probably edited by someone to stir sh*t up:

but it is a racist way to define Albanians as inferior to Serbs

"inferior to Serbs"????

I mean it's no secret that a lot of Serbs are deluded that they're the "chosen people", but this quoted part makes absolutely no sense.

I had seen him in only a few games over last few years before this Euro and always got impression that despite being a decent player he likes to argue, gesticulate and generally be a clown much more often than actually help his team. Because of that I had always seen him as a wannabe Ibra with less skills and brains. I was wrong, he's simply an idiot.

I always laugh at guys like that who refer to "their" nation while playing for another. In this case if he feels a proud Serbian, why is he wearing an Austrian shirt? Similarly stupid in Euro 2016 when an Albanian playing for Switzerland (Shaqiri or Xhaka, can't remember) made an Albanian eagle symbol to taunt Serbian players. 

Edited by right_winger

19 minutes ago, right_winger said:

I had seen him in only a few games over last few years before this Euro and always got impression that despite being a decent player he likes to argue, gesticulate and generally be a clown much more often than actually help his team. Because of that I had always seen him as a wannabe Ibra with less skills and brains. I was wrong, he's simply an idiot.

I always laugh at guys like that who refer to "their" nation while playing for another. In this case if he feels a proud Serbian, why is he wearing an Austrian shirt? Similarly stupid in Euro 2016 when an Albanian playing for Switzerland (Shaqiri or Xhaka, can't remember) made an Albanian eagle symbol to taunt Serbian players. 

It was both of them

image.png.efd361e1784f1ca978ab963321291cb4.png

These guys would play for Kosovo if they hadn't been turned into refugees because of the Serbs, that is a different situation. 

1 hour ago, DJ said:

These guys would play for Kosovo if they hadn't been turned into refugees because of the Serbs, that is a different situation. 

They had the choice to switch because Kosovo was a newly formed team and they refused.

Nothing I hate more than ex-yu people who left their countries trying to act all patriotic, they're usually the loudest when it comes to that.

17 hours ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

It's not really that deep, Albanians don't call themselves "Albanians" but Shqiptars. Simple as that. Siptar is just transcribed to Serbian.

1 hour ago, DJ said:

Yeah right, SeRbiA bAd. They would've totally stayed there and played for them. Sure.

11 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Yeah right, SeRbiA bAd. They would've totally stayed there and played for them. Sure.

As always in the Balkans/ex-Yugoslavia, the situation is complicated. Serbs did some bad stuff there, people fled. Kosovars retaliated against minority Serbs. People fled. All bad. Can't change the facts, just don't repeat them. 

And yeah, if those players hadn't left their country, why would they be eligible for or wanting to play for another country? It's not likely they chose Switzerland of all places to work on a brilliant international nations carreer. It's where they live. Shakiri was one year old when his parents moved there, he didn't have a say in the matter anyway.

2 minutes ago, DJ said:

As always in the Balkans/ex-Yugoslavia, the situation is complicated. Serbs did some bad stuff there, people fled. Kosovars retaliated against minority Serbs. People fled. All bad. Can't change the facts, just don't repeat them. 

And yeah, if those players hadn't left their country, why would they be eligible for or wanting to play for another country? It's not likely they chose Switzerland of all places to work on a brilliant international nations carreer. It's where they live. Shakiri was one year old when his parents moved there, he didn't have a say in the matter anyway.

Well we could go far back into history to see what and why all this happened. But that's not the topic here I guess. Albanian terrorists started doing what terrorsts do, Serbian police retaliated, things got messy, we got a war, etc. etc.

Their parents migrated to Switzerland like many of them did, and still do to this day. To blame Serbs because they emigrated is just silly, besides, those 2s parents migrated way before the war started.

2 hours ago, (sic) said:

It's not really that deep, Albanians don't call themselves "Albanians" but Shqiptars. Simple as that. Siptar is just transcribed to Serbian.

by the same logic you could say it's acceptable to refer to a Pakistani as 'p***', just because the words are similar

6 hours ago, (sic) said:

Well we could go far back into history to see what and why all this happened. But that's not the topic here I guess. Albanian terrorists started doing what terrorsts do, Serbian police retaliated, things got messy, we got a war, etc. etc.

Their parents migrated to Switzerland like many of them did, and still do to this day. To blame Serbs because they emigrated is just silly, besides, those 2s parents migrated way before the war started.

tenor.gif?itemid=5332816

On 17/06/2021 at 14:59, Hazzaj said:

by the same logic you could say it's acceptable to refer to a Pakistani as 'p***', just because the words are similar

No that's not the same logic, that's a slur. It's not that "the words are similar" in this case, it's the same word transcribed from Albanian to Serbian. People in the Balkans use both terms.

On 17/06/2021 at 20:16, Confused Clarity said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5332816

Did I say something wrong or something you disagree with? Please enlighten me.

2 hours ago, (sic) said:

No that's not the same logic, that's a slur. It's not that "the words are similar" in this case, it's the same word transcribed from Albanian to Serbian. People in the Balkans use both terms.

I mean that's the point isn't it, they're both slurs, and one being common parlance in certain countries doesn't stop it from being so.

6 hours ago, Hazzaj said:

I mean that's the point isn't it, they're both slurs, and one being common parlance in certain countries doesn't stop it from being so.

Yeah but my point is, the other one isn't a slur. It's the way people from Albania call themselves, so people from neighboring countries picked it up as well. Why would they call themselves using a slur?

Arnautovic seriously needs some help with anger management.  He's had the opportunity of a lifetime and continuously held himself back over his whole career it seems because he can't put it aside.

On 19/06/2021 at 09:32, (sic) said:

Did I say something wrong or something you disagree with? Please enlighten me.

You're blaming the victims of genocide and ethnic cleansing for them being the victims of genocide and ethic cleansing.

So yeah, I'd say you said something wrong that I disagree with.

There is also the point I made earlier that the Serbian High Courts have ruled that word to be offensive as it is used not only to denigrate ethic Albanians but is also used as a slur to insult other Serbs.

I've done enough looking around to see a lot of Albanians find the word offensive and of course there is no way that that Arnautovic meant it in any way other than an insult or he wouldn't have come out with his half-baked apology.

Edited by Crazy_Ivan