Player plays badly then wants new contract - need more dialogue

Dear striker guy whose last game rating is 6.12(!) tells me he deserves a far better conctract because he is sooo <snip> useful for the team. In the dialogue why I cant tell them he is worse striker than our goalkeeper and he should be glad he still got a job? 

• FrazT changed the title to Player plays badly then wants new contract - need more dialogue

There is usually an option to tell the player you do not think he's worth more than what he think's he's asking for or something like that. Not the same as telling the player he's in bad form & doesn't deserve it. I often flat out refuse to even give the player's request to a one on one meeting if he's on a long term contract anyway. The whole "team meeting" nonsense is unrealistic and never happens IRL regarding player contracts, but if he's playing that poorly, it's unlikely his teammates will request a team meeting. 

Edited by Heywood JaBlowme

Maybe I am over thinking this, but could the bad rating be due to unhappiness over the contract?  Once he gets a new contract, morale may pick up and so will his ratings?  Just a thought

Sometimes, its true. But he played bad since the begining of the season. Like my whole team. I accidentaly promoted from Serie C to Seria A in two season (I finished at 8th in Serie B and somehow won the promotion matches). We doesn't belong to Seria A at all, we are the worst team of the league in any ways. So, my team is terrible since the start of the season, and halfway these 6.1 and 5.9 guys started to think they deserves a new contract... 

I never care too much about pissing off players, they usually come around. Pissing off agents, however, is very very bad. Will get you in to lots of trouble when negotiating player contracts with that agent in the future. I am always mindful of how an agent reacts during conversations with the player.