Match 12 France vs Germany 8pm BST Allianz Arena (ITV)

thefmveteran86

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Butts said:

I mean people that have signed up to a football manager forum are going to be far more into football and especially the analysis of it than your general PL fan.

2 minutes ago, Weezer said:

That's not to say half the football hipsters genuinely know anything about the obscure players they're regurgitating things they've read about them though :D 

I doubt some of the people that tout Ralf Ragnick for every job going could even pick him out of a lineup.

Aye. Wasn't saying we're experts or having a go at Nad. Just agree it's unusual you'd be on an FM forum and not be aware of Volland given how good he was in the game for years.

30 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Just agree it's unusual you'd be on an FM forum and not be aware of Volland given how good he was in the game for years.

Can't remember if it was FM17 or 18 that Leverkusen had Volland, Havertz, Brandt and Bailey up top. Great fun to manager if you like raumdeuters.

Well... a deserved win for France. Congratulations. But I think probably the decisive moment was when Kimmich got a booking early in the game. Fouls like that happened all the time during the match and not one booking was given after that. After that, Kimmich was forced to take the foot from the gas which makes his game far less dangerous because he strives when he can go full power. So he had to take it back a little and it showed. Apart from that, Germany never really seemed like scoring if you dont count Gnabrys chance. 

A 0-2 would have reflected the game much more accurately. You could see the difference in movement: France were quick and determined to go straight for the goal when they attacked while Germany build up just too slowly without any surprises. Only in the dying minutes they seemed to be a bit more urgent but they were missing the players technical and tactical abilities to convert the willpower into a goal. And it was too chaotic overall with 4 strikers anyway by then. Low will have to answer some questions about his approach of this game. And bringing on Can is never a good idea.

Then again, it could have been different IF Kimmich didnt get booked early on.

But if my granny had balls, she´d be my uncle.

6 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Can't remember if it was FM17 or 18 that Leverkusen had Volland, Bailey, Brandt and Bailey up top. Great fun to manager if you like raumdeuters.

Brothers in the forward line?

8 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Can't remember if it was FM17 or 18 that Leverkusen had Volland, Bailey, Brandt and Bailey up top. Great fun to manager if you like raumdeuters.

Yeah, who could forget the fancy Bailey twins playing for Leverkusen up front... good times :D

Edited by Carambau

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Nothing frustrates me more than seeing such a physically dominant force like himself contribute nothing in defensive phase.

With that length, he could be one of the best ball-winners out there. Instead he can't be bothered to try and when he does, it's usually a clumsy tackle.

It's laziness with Pogba in the defensive third. He doesn't like doing it so doesn't really try and thus makes stupid mistakes etc. 

25 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

First 1-0 group stage defeat for Germany since Alan Shearer did them in Charleroi.

More evidence!....

4 minutes ago, Butts said:

Brothers in the forward line?

3 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Yeah, who could forget the fancy Bailey twins playing for Leverkusen up front... good times :D

Was supposed to be Havertz, brain fart.

14 minutes ago, Weezer said:

That team was stupidly good on 17: John Tah, Ben Henrichs, Calahangolu, Kampl, Chicharito, Leno. 

Think I had a solid save with them. 

1 minute ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Just struggle to see how anyone beats France, get the first goal and then impossible to get past, with the addition of that freak Mbappe on the counter, too fast for his own good today.

By getting counter sh*thoused and losing on penalties or to the most fluke goal in extra time like Portugal did in 2016 :D

2 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Just struggle to see how anyone beats France, get the first goal and then impossible to get past, with the addition of that freak Mbappe on the counter, too fast for his own good today.

There's a few teams that can beat them with a good performance and more than likely a bit of luck, but yeah there's no doubt they're big, big favourites. 

A better team than Germany will punish the sort of negativity you saw today with some clear chances. Whether they'd win the game is a different matter because France are so tough and even if they concede they can just switch styles whenever they want. You saw all three faces tonight. Like I said pre-tournament, I think Germany are quite a way down the list of big teams when it comes to winning this, and they haven't beaten another big nation for something like three years. A different big team - Portugal, England, maybe Belgium with De Bruyne, Spain - would create far more against a defensive team.

I remember not really understanding the implications of staying on when Lloris had that incident years ago and after reading up on it, it is crazy we are still seeing this nowadays....that Lloris thing was proper years ago, how is just not a thing now???

3 hours ago, Astafjevs said:

France are such a complete team. They can play football, they can play on the counter by hitting towards Mbappé, and they can play a defensive game and just keep teams out. Can engage in any type of game they or the other team want to play.

Not forgetting can also unleash Giroud with crosses if have to

Oh Mats :( :D 

In general I thought it was the best game so far - possibly ude to the fact that I saw it at a bar, where masks were not required :D 

France have the best team at this tournament, quality all over. As for Germany - they're still not there, but this was much better than much of what we've seen lately. But Löw is still a weird one - why the hell did he take Gnabry off, and what on earth did he expect Volland would bring to the game? :D 

Edited by Orzelek

7 hours ago, VamPook said:

Why did I only notice the bad of Rabiot 🤔

20210616_085933.jpg

Mbappe on 6.9 is a strange one, that’s why I don’t take stats seriously. Rabiot probably had a good short pass % and gets that rating, but did nothing all game.

I think some people are overblowing the Rudiger-Pogba incident, it looked more affectionate than anything to me :D More of a kiss than a bite, with added breast fondling :D I think he was trying to rile Pogba, but if they want to chanrge him it's got to be more sexual assualt than violent conduct :p