National team squad numbers

Hi, so the squad numbers for national teams don’t work for me. I tried looking at the squad section, team selection section, national pool, team report, individual players, etc. But nothing. I also don’t get any notification about squad numbers, only at normal teams, but not at national teams. So how can I fix that? Is there a mod or something?

On 16/06/2021 at 23:09, conor4669 said:

For some reason you can only do numbers in tournaments. Very frustrating considering they do it in real life. It’s really minor but it really ruins my game experience 

Absolutely, it also ruins my game experience, because it's so unrealistic. Maybe there's a way we can change it through pre-game editor or in-game editor? Or else we should wait on FM22, hope they change it by then.

So, out of curiosity I had a look into the code for this. The data for picking numbers is in the "sidebar sections" file found in the "sections" folder of any given skin.

The code for numbers is actually present for international squads, which makes me believe the game has it hardcoded to only show when it is required. As in, when picking a team for a tournament.

To test this I copied the line of code to the section that is under the divider line (export team for versus competition) and got "numbers" to show up in that section, but clicking on it did nothing.

The game doesn't want us to give numbers to international players if not in a tournament it seems. As above, I believe this interaction to be hardcoded unfortunately.

On 19/06/2021 at 04:07, Tyburn said:

So, out of curiosity I had a look into the code for this. The data for picking numbers is in the "sidebar sections" file found in the "sections" folder of any given skin.

The code for numbers is actually present for international squads, which makes me believe the game has it hardcoded to only show when it is required. As in, when picking a team for a tournament.

To test this I copied the line of code to the section that is under the divider line (export team for versus competition) and got "numbers" to show up in that section, but clicking on it did nothing.

The game doesn't want us to give numbers to international players if not in a tournament it seems. As above, I believe this interaction to be hardcoded unfortunately.

Thanks for the info man! I do still have one question tho. Is it possible to change the squad size from 23 players to 26 like in real life? Or is this already implemented in the game? I would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, FMAddiction said:

Thanks for the info man! I do still have one question tho. Is it possible to change the squad size from 23 players to 26 like in real life? Or is this already implemented in the game? I would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

I don’t know for sure but perhaps in the pre game editor you could change specific competition rules for squad registration numbers. Don’t use the editor that much myself but I’d start there for this.

If you’re taking about the current Euros then 26 is the limit due to covid I believe. Ordinarily it’d be 23 still, as far as I’m aware.