International Champions Cup

Why is there no way to get out of this annoying pre season exhibition tournament? I get the Fifa Club World Cup, even though that was also annoying to play in the off season, but not being able to get out of this meaningless ICC off season tournament is just really annoying for wanting to give my squad as much off season rest as possible and set up my own pre season, when there's other international tournaments etc going on.

Not only that, the media treats it as though it's a serious competition asking questions like I'm in the Champions League or something. Goals and assists scored in it count in the player statistics table as continental competition (same as Champions/Europa League goals and assists) rather non competitive and goals/assists scored there are mentioned in news articles throughout the season as included in my players total goals/assists tally for the season. Means I can't even check a players continental stats table in their player career stats page for an accurate gauge of goals scored in proper continental comps through the season. Is there a reason it is set up in the game like an actual important competition rather than a meaningless exhibition tournament?

Edited by Dundalis