Match 9: Poland vs Slovakia - 5pm (BST) ITV1 live from St Petersberg

Coulthard's Jaw

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Yeah Mick and Lawro brought their own style of 'charm' to the games :D

Goal already!

I remember Euro2012 and Mick commentating on the Irish games. He was great value, because of his disgust for the Irish defending :D 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, pearcey_90 said:

I remember Euro2012 and Mick commentating on the Irish games. He was great value, because of his disgust for the Irish defending :D 

Which remided me that Mandžukić scored a goal that should've been counted as OG against them.

Same situation as today, ball hits the post, then hits the back of Given's head and back into the goal.

Wasn't counted as OG.

1 minute ago, pearcey_90 said:

MIck is so dry its brilliant, must be a nightmare to have as a mate, never knowing if he is serious or not :D 

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

"THEY AREN'T HERE JUST TO MAKE UP THE NUMBERS!"

I mean, literally nobody thought that apart from lazy pundits who dismissed them when they didn't have loads of Premier League players.

If anything, Poland has always been that boring team which does nothing relevant despite having decent team.

Slovakia always played some good games.

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

If anything, Poland has always been that boring team which does nothing relevant despite having decent team.

Slovakia always played some good games.

In the last 20 years every tournament besides EURO 2016 was like this for Poland: start with putting the expectations too high, lose the two first games, win the last one when it doesn't matter, sack the manager.

Just now, Yuko said:

Poland has only been good in the 70s and early 80s. 

They always produce good strikers though and usually good goalkeepers as well, which makes me wonder why their 3rd best GK starts for them...

Who's their other keeper nowadays aside from Fabianski? Fabianski btw is very capable of iffy moments.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Who's their other keeper nowadays aside from Fabianski? Fabianski btw is very capable of iffy moments.

Didn't even consider Fabianski as a top 3 option for them :D

Dragowski is by far their best GK and then there's Skorupski who's as shaky as Szczesny 

Just now, Weezer said:

When was the best Hamsik? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him have a great game. He’s obviously got a reputation for a reason but he’s always passed me by.

His peak was 6-12 years ago (2009 to 2015)