Match 8 Scotland vs Czech Republic 2pm (BST) Hampden Park Live on BBC One

thefmveteran86

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

As an Englishman, I have to say that Scotland don't deserve to be losing this as they've played well and been unlucky on chances.  But the Czechs have just been able to capitalise on their own chances and are winning

This is what happens.  We just aren't clinical enough.  We have also seen this movie before it's just a long time since we have seen it a major tournament!

1 minute ago, brez22 said:

Looks like its going to be a very hard ask for Scotland to get anywhere in this tournament unfortunately. Don't see England or Croatia being any less clinical in front of goal or being as loose as Czech Republic are at the back.

I hope the SG announce further lockdowns after this to save us the hassle of watching this regularly :ackter:

1 minute ago, Jorg said:

I think we just need to go for it against England.  No point in playing it safe.

Yep nothing to lose now. 

Just hope it will be a draw between Croatia and Czech on Friday. 

Edited by StevehFC

2 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

Should be a fun game on Friday now, as Scotland probably need to attack us more now and should be an open game as a result. We should be looking at getting 3/4 goals based on the defending.

That's the problem.  If Southgate plays Grealish and Foden for example then it could get messy!

I'm disappointed but not disheartened. On another day this game could have went our way. We haven't been embarrassed. Just have to pick ourselves up and try and get something from the remaining games. We'll be huge underdogs in both, but with a bit of luck, who knows? 

Well played Czech Republic. Two goals worthy of winning any game. 

3 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I'm disappointed but not disheartened. On another day this game could have went our way. We haven't been embarrassed. Just have to pick ourselves up and try and get something from the remaining games. We'll be huge underdogs in both, but with a bit of luck, who knows? 

Well played Czech Republic. Two goals worthy of winning any game. 

Exactly.  We much prefer the underdog tag!  :)

During this inevitable defeat I checked how many Liverpool players were signed from Scotland in recent years. The last was Andy Robertson. the previous was Dominic Matteo in 1992 (who was doubtfully Scottish). Can that be correct? We had Ron Yeats, St John, Dalglish, , McCallister, Souness, Steve Nicol. At one time I thought we recruited from Scotland because they were just better than us.

I know other great Scot players were signed by other clubs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Liverpool_F.C._players

There is a problem with Scottish football and I am not a person to contribute to the discussion, but I will listen with interest.

Scotland. xxxxx

There will have been many young fans today that witnessed Scotland playing at a major tournament for the first time in their lives. Maybe future national team stars were watching on today? It was great to see the celebratory atmosphere before the game. It's a real pity we can't get full capacity, because the Hampden Roar is something to behold on occasions like this. I'm not of the opinion that if you aren't at Italy, France, and Spain's level, you're automatically *****, and I think the Czech Republic deserve to be taken seriously. They scored two magnificent goals today and handled the occasion really well. Scotland's midfield were totally nullified, and Robertson was kept quiet in the second half. That's all down to how the Czechs played. Yes, we had chances to score, but the Czech keeper showed that he is more than capable of coming up with big moments himself. My Czech family will be happy, and rightly so. 

I'm just delighted to witness a day like today. You can't take these things for granted as a Scotland fan. We're as passionate about football in this country as anyone, and we can live with disappointment. But we really need to qualify for tournaments on a more regular basis. It's a great feeling to walk around Glasgow and see how buzzing everyone is. Even seen some of the Czech supporters having a good morning. We can't wait another 23 years! :D

Sorry Jorg, I felt as positive as you. An early second goal ruined it. Our next game  (i.e. England) will hopefully pull something off. The players will mostly know each other.

Both of Serbia's goals were quality, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, skip123 said:

Sorry Jorg, I felt as positive as you. An early second goal ruined it. Our next game  (i.e. England) will hopefully pull something off. The players will mostly know each other.

Both of Serbia's goals were quality, unfortunately.

Stranger things have happened!  Let's keep positive and you just never know what might happen  :)