Club Facilities Capped at 19/20

TheLibrarian

Over the years, when examining data in FM, I've noticed that clubs who start with an odd number in facilities, to include Training Facilities, Youth Facilities, Junior Coaching, and Youth Recruitment, appear to be capped at 19 as the maximum quality they can reach in any of these facilities. This is because improvements to these facilities appear to only happen in increments of 2, and once 19 is reached, the club's facilities are considered at their maximum capacity, and cannot be increased further. Meanwhile, other clubs who don't start with an odd number are able to reach 20 in in these facilities.

For example, if I start with a club who has a rating of 15 for their training facilities, and over the years request improvements from the board, it will increase as such:

15 > 17 > 19

Once 19 is reached, I will no longer be able to improve my training facilities (until they degrade below 19 over time as facilities naturally degrade over the long-term). As far as I'm aware, that club is entirely incapable of going from 19 to 20 in training facilities, without the use of an editor.

Just want to make sure I'm correct in my observation, and I'm curious if there's any rationale to this system or if it's more like an artifact of the game's data. Also, is there actually any qualitative difference between training facilities rated at 19 and facilities rated at 20? Thanks for anyone who can offer some insight.