Match 5: England vs Croatia 2pm BST - BBC1 - Wembley

craigcwwe

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MIR17 said:

Haha. So bitter. :D Started really well and you still moan...

Come on. It's mad that he's starting over Shaw and Chilwell.

And you're talking to a man that would prefer no United player to be in the England squad.

Edited by Harryseaess

Just now, Harryseaess said:

Come on. It's mad that he's starting over Shaw and Chilwell.

They’re both better left backs than him but if he’s worried about communication along the back line that may have gone in his favour.

6 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Not as far as I know. I kinda hope it doesn't catch on, though. :D

Ok. I hope the same - Gazza was a gretat nickname, but "-zza" used for any other player is terrible :D 

Edited by Orzelek

9 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

I know this is mostly an UK based forum so might not fit very well in here, but just wandering why so many complains: complain about the team, the commentators, the spectators, the booing... are any of you actually happy to watch the game and see what happens?

I'm not a English but I did complain. 

How can one not complain about the nature of England fans. 

They always spoil a good day in the sun, and then most times England spoil it more by winning

Just now, Mr Adam said:

They’re both better left backs than him but if he’s worried about communication along the back line that may have gone in his favour.

I didn't watch the friendlies, did Trippier play at LB in any of them? Seems weird to try it for the first time at the actual tournament.

Just now, Harryseaess said:

I didn't watch the friendlies, did Trippier play at LB in any of them? Seems weird to try it for the first time at the actual tournament.

I agree completely, just trying to understand the reasoning. I’d have played one of the others to be honest. :D

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Wait, I can't make the connection. :D

Dinamo Zagreb once lost a match on purpose, tanking a lot of goals against Lyon, so that Ajax were out of the CL on GD. Vida was fotographed taking the ball out of the net and handing it to a Lyon player, giving him a big fat wink. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/985082-lyons-champions-league-qualification-a-fix-made-in-zagreb-and-amsterdam

Knipoog-Kroaat drinkt duurste biertje ooit: €100.000 | Nederlands voetbal |  AD.nl

6 minutes ago, DJ said:

Let's put it this way: if I ever win the lottery, I am willing to spend most of it on buying Dinamo so I can dismantle the whole club from top to bottom :D 

With all the corruption connected with the club, that would probably be the best thing to happen to Croatian football :D 

Just now, Smallen said:

Sterling fully justifying his start imo. Nobody else can make those runs. Hopefully the end product comes.

I get this argument if he does something with it but he more often than not does nothing good at the end of the move and it always breaks down. Definitely got to start having an end product or the argument for him being in for his speed and runs in behind start to look thin.

Just now, Mr Adam said:

Am I being silly when I say Mason Mount is very quietly becoming one of the best players in the world? Or is that my English overhyping nature?

I agree, I think he's massively underrated by so many.  He has an overall game that is so consistent and he never seems to play that badly.  I always want to hate the guy as he plays for Chelsea obviously, but I just can't, he seems such a nice bloke and is a great player.

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

Am I being silly when I say Mason Mount is very quietly becoming one of the best players in the world? Or is that my English overhyping nature?

Maybe a bit of a stretch but he's excellent yeah. Not exactly old either so could develop into one of the best.

It still amazes me how Sterling gets the amount of goals/assists he does because technically he's one of the worst players around. Always looks so awkward on the ball with little idea of what to do with it too.