Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The match will resume in 25 minuttes...

Rough translation:
Eriksen is awake and stable. He is admitted to Rigshospitalet for examinations.
The match will be resumed today. This will happen after all the players have gotten confirmation Eriksen is ok. The match will resume 20:30.

Edited by XaW

BBC News channel not aren't covering themselves in glory, interviewing somebody at the ground, asking 'what could you actually see from where you were?' And showing a tweet that ended with the word 'yi**o'.

Surely they can't play the game tonight, that is crazy.  Can only imagine the players want to play it.  Pretty sure they must be affected by it though.  Gonna be one of the most morbid experiences ever for them no doubt.

2 minutes ago, afced7 said:

BBC News channel not aren't covering themselves in glory, interviewing somebody at the ground, asking 'what could you actually see from where you were?' And showing a tweet that ended with the word 'yi**o'.

Journalism in the UK really is in the gutter right now. Just when you think they can't sink lower they find new depths to crawl to.

• Administrators
Just now, Big Geordie said:

Wow - I'm really surprised that they are gonna play tonight. Have UEFA and the TV companies applied pressure?

Players have requested it apparently

I'm very surprised they are continuing the game, but if both teams have requested it (and all players on both teams want to!), I can understand why they are doing it.

Wow.....the fact both sets of players want to do this is quite amazing.....

You wonder if it will benefit the danes wanting to fight for Eriksen and the Finns being a bit off

If the players from both sides are wanting to finish the game this evening then nobody on here should really be complaining about it. Don't watch if you're not comfortable with it. 

I'm sure they've been in contact with Eriksen via his agent etc to run it by him.

Edited by craigcwwe

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I'm very surprised they are continuing the game, but if both teams have requested it (and all players on both teams want to!), I can understand why they are doing it.

It's knocked the ***** out of me, just watching it. God knows what state of mind the players will be in.

Just now, Pukey said:

I'm all for calling Uefa scum but if the players have requested it, then what are they supposed to do? 

Protect the players from themselves and make them take a break for a few days seems apt.

The most important thing is that Eriksen is stable. The fact that both sets of players have agreed to restart is a good sign. They've maybe been reassured about Eriksen's condition, and that has eased their minds enough to play. 

Edited by Tikka Mezzala

what a rollercoaster couple of hours.  thought he was a goner and wondering if any more games would go ahead today and now they are coming out to finish with him awake

I think the players agreeing to play it is admirable, but you're not telling me there aren't a handful who will be playing this while not realising how they have been affected by it, seeing it all happen actually happen right in front of them, and maybe they just don't realise the mental damage it has done.  In some ways, it could actually be a good thing for them, a kind of therapeutic experience for them, but for some it might not be like that and they won't even know it yet.  I'd have thought it would have been more sensible to just say to them 'let's just get it played tomorrow lads'.