Match 3: Denmark vs Finland - 5pm (BST) BBC1 live from Copenhagen

1 minute ago, arenaross said:

I don't think the camera was focusing in on Muamba though? Was just around the pitch until it cut to the studio. 

I watch the Muamba incident back quite often as a reminder of how things can change in a flash and obviously knowing it was a good outcome. The coverage was okay tbh cut straight from him to the crowd chanting his name.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, arenaross said:

Just such fantastic news that they've been able to stabilise him. Medical professionals are incredible. 

It’s truly a miracle given how long it seemed to go for.

So, German TV have put on a series 'der Bergdoktor' (the mountain doctor). In the first scene you see people caught in a thunderstorm on a mountain, lightning strikes and they all collapse. 
Sometimes, you just can't win.

2 minutes ago, Hairycull said:

Yeah, i wont buy a Sun ever again. I am a guard in the Railway and worked closely with the crew that were involved in the Stonehaven incident. I wont ever forgive that news paper with how insensitive they were.

You'll still get complete dickheads quoting it on here unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Obviously pure speculation but I switched over to ITV News and they showed a clip of Eriksen taking a corner when reporting on his incident and he was puffing and panting and looked like he was really struggling. Didn't Foe look fatigued before his collapse?

It wouldn't surprise me if he was. Might have been thinking "I'll get through to half time then let the manager know I'm feeling rough" or something. Probably won't know until way down the line though of course.

4 minutes ago, DJ said:

Speculation. Blind had a cardiac issue as well and he's fine now. 

I'm genuinely amazed he has cardiomyopathy and is still playing, I thought that meant an end to vigorous exercise if discovered. There's a cricketer who had to retire despite not having a serious incident once tests found it (he only reported dizziness iirc).

2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

I'm genuinely amazed he has cardiomyopathy and is still playing, I thought that meant an end to vigorous exercise if discovered. There's a cricketer who had to retire despite not having a serious incident once tests found it (he only reported dizziness iirc).

Yeah England player James Taylor - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/12/james-taylor-retire-heart-condition-notts-england

You might find that where it happened actually saved his life. If he was sitting at home and it happened he might not have been resuscitated.

I guess it all depends on what has actually happened to him.

I'm no expert, but there are various heart conditions.

NBA player, LaMarcus Aldridge retired just before the playoffs because of irregular heartbeat.

He was born with the issue, even missed some time because of it early in his career, but it was managed.

And now it came back again, so he retired, not wanting to risk it.

If I was Eriksen, there would be no way I'd put myself in danger again.
That picture of his wife crying should be enough.

8 minutes ago, Hairycull said:

Yeah, i wont buy a Sun ever again. I am a guard in the Railway and worked closely with the crew that were involved in the Stonehaven incident. I wont ever forgive that news paper with how insensitive they were.

As much as the Sun are scummy for showing the pics, you just know there will be loads of  YouTube vids tomorrow of the incident

1 minute ago, Hairycull said:

You might find that where it happened actually saved his life. If he was sitting at home and it happened he might not have been resuscitated.

I guess it all depends on what has actually happened to him.

You couldn't be more correct.  About 10 years ago my Mum was walking in the street and collapsed - her heart had stopped.  By pure chance she collapsed right outside a Drs surgery and a nurse was inside, who ran out and resuscitated her.  Pure chance really.  She spent some time in an induced coma in intensive care, but made a complete recovery.

Just now, Paul Bacon said:

As much as the Sun are scummy for showing the pics, you just know there will be loads of  YouTube vids tomorrow of the incident

And those ***** are also scum. 

1 minute ago, Paul Bacon said:

9gag is already awash :(

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I'm no expert, but there are various heart conditions.

NBA player, LaMarcus Aldridge retired just before the playoffs because of irregular heartbeat.

He was born with the issue, even missed some time because of it early in his career, but it was managed.

And now it came back again, so he retired, not wanting to risk it.

If I was Eriksen, there would be no way I'd put myself in danger again.
That picture of his wife crying should be enough.

At the same time, Chris Bosh didn't seem to understand why the Heat/NBA stopped him from playing after developing bloodclots. He had the decision taken out of his hands and still sought a second opinion until somebody said he'd be okay to play. I had one blasted out of my arteries so I know how dangerous a clot anywhere could be, always ends up affecting the heart.

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Danish FA saying he's awake and having treatment in hospital.

Yeah here's the tweet:

Thank christ for that. Except actually thank the medical team who were so quick to respond.

Edited by Heartwork

Unfortunately this is something that can happen and its very difficult to detect, usually people associate stuff like heart attacks etc with people who are unhealthy but even the healthiest people can have heart issues.

My wifes cousin died a few years ago with a similar thing, he was a marathon runner, the first few seconds and minutes are crucial and Erikson has got a good fighting chance with the medics being able to respond immediately to him, hope he makes a good recover.

Really big ups to whoever knew to form that shield around Eriksen

Schmeichel was super strong during the incident as well

Not to mention he also straightaway went to update and comfort whom I assume was Eriksen's wife

👍👍👍

IMG-20210613-WA0005.jpg

Just now, VamPook said:

Not to mention he also straightaway went to update and comfort whom I assume was Eriksen's wife

👍👍👍

IMG-20210613-WA0005.jpg

The ones that actually turned to watch what was happened have balls of ****ing steel.  I'd have been back on and head in my shirt crying

Just now, VamPook said:

Everyone said the same thing after our owner died in the helicopter crash too.

Imagine having to witness 2 separate incidents like that in your career. :(

18 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

From an associate of mine who works as an editor for BBC News:

It happens very rarely but sportspeople do die during sport, should always be prepared for it.

Just now, Pompeyboyz said:

The ones that actually turned to watch what was happened have balls of ****ing steel.  I'd have been back on and head in my shirt crying

Schmeichel's are just build different. Expected nothing less for a guy who was ready to run into a crashed, burning helicopter to save lives.

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

It happens very rarely but sportspeople do die during sport, should always be prepared for it.

Other things can happen as well. Terrorism for example. They manage to do it with streakers. Whoever directed that should have ordered all cameras to be swung away from the scene IMO. 

8 minutes ago, VamPook said:

👍👍👍

IMG-20210613-WA0005.jpg

Kasper is brilliant like that 

Was first on the scene at the helicopter crash at LCFC.

True empathic leader

Just now, DJ said:

Other things can happen as well. Terrorism for example. They manage to do it with streakers. Whoever directed that should have ordered all cameras to be swung away from the scene IMO. 

Yeah exactly.

2 minutes ago, Gizmo7 said:

Huge respect for the Danish players. I think it was Kjaer who put Eriksen in to the recovery position fairy quickly to prevent a blockage in his airways. The rest of the team forming a guard around him to try and give him an ounce of privacy from the cameras. 

Heros. Genuinely have a lot of respect for them. 

Kjaer deserves the Danish equivalent of a knighthood for that if true. Might well have saved Eriksen's life.

5 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

12.PNG.458683c927f74dfbd6b753d1f4836b9b.PNG

Again, massive shout out to his team mates for their quick and selfless thinking 

The players reacting that quick could be the difference, and even if not it's still absolutely incredible and they deserve a huge amount of credit.

I think the Norwegian broadcaster did quite well, I barely saw a heart compression, then they switched to an overhead camera far away from the situation and told they didn't want to show the images that was sent. Took a while to switch to the studio, but the commentators handled it fairly well and actually were quiet for a while which were fitting for the situation.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

The players reacting that quick could be the difference, and even if not it's still absolutely incredible and they deserve a huge amount of credit.

100% yeah, think my reaction would have just been to crumble to my knees. Hope they all get any help they need in the aftermath of this. 

Just now, XaW said:

I think the Norwegian broadcaster did quite well, I barely saw a heart compression, then they switched to an overhead camera far away from the situation and told they didn't want to show the images that was sent. Took a while to switch to the studio, but the commentators handled it fairly well and actually were quiet for a while which were fitting for the situation.

That's what they did in the Fabrice Mumbai incident too. Basically switched between an overhead view and one of the gaal on the otherside of the pitch.

3 minutes ago, martynlcfc said:

Kasper is brilliant like that 

Was first on the scene at the helicopter crash at LCFC.

True empathic leader

Definitely! I think it's his personality that is so easy to love and empathise with as a supporter is a big part of why he's such a huge club legend at Leicester too.

1 minute ago, Carmi88 said:

Glad to hear he is awake

Just had a though. How eerie would it have been if there were still no fans? You'd be able to hear how distressed everyone on the pitch and pitchside were clearly. Christ :/

1 minute ago, MIR17 said:

That's what they did in the Fabrice Mumbai incident too. Basically switched between an overhead view and one of the gaal on the otherside of the pitch.

Yeah, it gives and overall view of what happens, but without showing anything too clearly or closely. Felt like we got all the information a viewer would need while still giving enough privacy. They switched back for a while, but then we got a quick viewing of his wife, but then they switched back to the overview camera again and stayed there until they switched to the studio.

10 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

12.PNG.458683c927f74dfbd6b753d1f4836b9b.PNG

Again, massive shout out to his team mates for their quick and selfless thinking 

My respect for Denmark's players has shot through the roof today.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

His agent has apparently spoken to his dad - he's breathing on his own and talking. :thup: