Match 3: Denmark vs Finland - 5pm (BST) BBC1 live from Copenhagen

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't even stop the Confederations Cup for Foe, made Cameroon play in a final days after their mate had died. I'd be very surprised if they cancel this tournament. Can see Denmark pulling out though.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I mean those scumbags literally shown him being defibrillated multiple times.

And then he was still lying on the ground for 10+ more minutes.

I just can't...

They showed him on the ground, eyes wide open for a few seconds. You can literally call dump in the operations room to avoid showing things like that.

7 minutes ago, Haguey said:

The tournament won't be abandoned, maybe tonight's match is postponed but I suspect even this match will be replayed. UEFA care only about money

I’ll be amazed if Denmark want to continue after this. Football just football. 

Just now, Weezer said:

They didn't even stop the Confederations Cup for Foe, made Cameroon play in a final days after their mate had died. I'd be very surprised if they cancel this tournament. Can see Denmark pulling out though.

I mean just look at the players who should play in two upcoming games.

I can't really see tomorrow's game being played, at least not as scheduled.

My legs have turned to jelly and my hands are shaking. This is the worst thing I've ever seen on a football pitch. I'm fearing the worst but just hoping he can somehow survive. I'm guessing they've got the best medical guys on the scene and they were on him within like 20 seconds, so if there's anything that can be done they will be doing it.

1 minute ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Isn’t live TB technically not live and like 2-3 seconds out of loop? Surely they could’ve easily cut anything bad from being shown on the BBC broadcast. 

I mean since we went digital, it's like 20 seconds behind the analog signal, they had all the time to cut it.

6 minutes ago, Divinity said:

Coverage suspended here. Everyone in the studio looked distraught. Thomas Sorensen had to leave the studio.

Yep, dosed off on the couch and woke up to the players standing in the corner then it cut to the studio and they were visibly distressed. 

Edited by hursty2

For the first bit it isn't the BBC's fault, after the first shot it should be obvious the director hasn't got a clue and cut to something, if the studio isn't ready cut to the news channel or something, not live stream distraught players and Erikson's wife.

Just now, Paul Bacon said:

Are the BBC the tv directors? See in other sports they dont control the cameras they just broadcast it ( although they can cut the feed)

Doesn't matter who the TV directors are, they could have cut away straight away and just put something else on, we didn't need a running commentary and even cutting back to the studio for their thoughts, just a quick message saying they're cutting the courage 

3 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

They just can't. 

Imagine being Lukaku and having to play after just watching that happen to your teammate. :(

No way should tonight's game go ahead

I was surprised they showed so much....just not used to seeing such scenes, they should have gone back to the studio asap really.  Really hope he pulls through, don't think I'll ever forget seeing something llike that now...pretty harrowing and quite shaken up here :( 

2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

For the first bit it isn't the BBC's fault, after the first shot it should be obvious the director hasn't got a clue and cut to something, if the studio isn't ready cut to the news channel or something, not live stream distraught players and Erikson's wife.

When Senna died, Italian TV were showing really inappropriate stuff and the BBC cut away from it asap.

3 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Are the BBC the tv directors? See in other sports they dont control the cameras they just broadcast it ( although they can cut the feed)

From twitter where I have people from all over the world everyone saw the same so would guess it's a world feed from UEFA. BBC (or whoever) should have cut away pretty early though as was clear the match director was struggling (I'm being polite as can't imagine they had any training to prepare for that) 

Yeah not sure about other channels but you'd think the BBC could have just cut to the standard loading screen and had a voice over saying due to unforeseen circumstances coverage has been halted or something, thankfully I didn't see much of it but seeing his wife really hit me.