Match 3: Denmark vs Finland - 5pm (BST) BBC1 live from Copenhagen

Coulthard's Jaw

1 minute ago, Confused Clarity said:

She's getting awful abuse on social media with people accusing her of making it about her. Far more showing support for her, but shows how low some will go.

That's sad to read but also not one bit surprising either which is also sad. 

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Confused Clarity said:

She's getting awful abuse on social media with people accusing her of making it about her. Far more showing support for her, but shows how low some will go.

Guy I know sent a screenshot of what she said and said "what a **** comment" and I was just baffled, no idea what she said that was wrong. Was basically what everyone else was said, how awful it was and how she prays he pulls through.

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Guy I know sent a screenshot of what she said and said "what a **** comment" and I was just baffled, no idea what she said that was wrong. Was basically what everyone else was said, how awful it was and how she prays he pulls through.

Need to call them out on it tbh.

Part of the problem with this kind of thing is too many of us don't call people we know out on these things. 

1 minute ago, darren1983 said:

Typical of the Mail 

There's nothing I hate more than when those idiotic sites CAPITALIZE words.

But considering that most of their audience are people who can't read properly and need stuff to be HIGHLIGHTED, I guess it's fair enough.

2 minutes ago, VamPook said:

Must be weird if any team scores

Surely no real mood to celebrate

It's a bit of a shame for Finland if they score or win tonight. First time ever in a major tournament and nobody will be in the mood to celebrate it.

2 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Need to call them out on it tbh.

Part of the problem with this kind of thing is too many of us don't call people we know out on these things. 

I did :thup: Asked him what on earth the issue was. He changed the subject, I've stopped replying.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

I did :thup: Asked him what on earth the issue was. He changed the subject, I've stopped replying.

Fair play. I've found myself pushing back on things more lately, though only so far myself too.

Some things over the years, I wish I'd challenged harder. Years ago, one of my oldest friends went on a racist tirade on Facebook, I just cut them put of my life rather than challenging them first to make them aware, and I always regret not making it explicitly clear as to why.

4 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

What a moment for Finland! They've been sturdy so far. Clearly lacking quality, but collectively greater than the sum of their parts. I hope they hold on here. Love to see an underdog do well. 

Think they could be this tournament's Iceland?