Match 2: Wales vs Switzerland - 2pm (BST) BBC 1 live from Baku

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Average performance, average game, average everything. Need to do better.

All the options they could have for the second commentary spot and they choose bloody Savage. Nobody loves Savage more than he does himself. 

Coleman has been fantastic on Sky, why couldn't they have got him involved if they wanted a Welshman?

3 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

People moan constantly at the England coverage

Well that is news to me.

On a lighter note about biased coverage, here is one half of a legendary comedy double act with some biased commentary of his own

I was watching the game and I thought that someone in the crowd was playing drums, slowly it was getting louder. Looked out the window and about 30 people marched past my house in that protest. Not shouting anything just banging drums. Whats the point?

Solid result for Wales in the end, missed chance for the Swiss who always flatter to deceive.

Their games vs. Turkey will decide this group. Not convinced by Italy but they should cruise through in top spot with 7/9 pts.

Enjoyable second half. The group is hard to call. Italy will likely sail through, but the 2nd and 3rd places are up for grabs. If Turkey show up in their next games, it'll be interesting. 

Swiss were the better side. Thought Wales were poor for the majority of the game. 

Taking Dan James off was a poor decision, he was their best outfield player today.

3 minutes ago, cyclonus1010 said:

Well that is news to me.

On a lighter note about biased coverage, here is one half of a legendary comedy double act with some biased commentary of his own

Really? :D

Happens every time England play in a tournament. People whine about biased coverage. 

"So, Japanese Breakfast, what did YOU think of the BBC commentators this afternoon?"

"Well... I think that will divide some opinions..."

Didn't expect Wales to get anything out of that with how it was going. Think Wales will turn over Turkey so should qualify. 

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

Happens every time England play in a tournament. People whine about biased coverage. 

I enjoy it. Especially when the studio is disconsolate when England lose :D 

Just now, ginnybob said:

Really? :D

The moaning part. I fully understand the biased coverage, every single person on the planet has some form of bias.

2 minutes ago, afced7 said:

Davies - another left back wearing number 4 :mad:

Games gone.

6 minutes ago, av3ry said:

I was watching the game and I thought that someone in the crowd was playing drums, slowly it was getting louder. Looked out the window and about 30 people marched past my house in that protest. Not shouting anything just banging drums. Whats the point?

About the same as telling us about it? 

Just now, darren1983 said:

About the same as telling us about it? 

Climate protesters lol!!!!

Baku with an 8,782 crowd when 34,350 were allowed.  And fans all around Europe have been getting other tickets cancelled.  Not a great look.

9 minutes ago, av3ry said:

VINDALOO!

19 minutes ago, dafuge said:

You're in the wrong tournament then.

Not like the game was being played in Europe. It's a UEFA member tournament not a geographic/geopolitical one.

Edited by swansongs
14 minutes ago, av3ry said:

At least it doesn’t come with chants about killing catholic’s like in Glasgow. :thup:

Very poor from the Azerbaijani public not to be lining up to watch two no-mark teams they have no affiliation with on a Saturday evening. 

16 minutes ago, swansongs said:

Not like the game was being played in Europe. It's a UEFA member tournament not a geographic/geopolitical one.

right, but you do realise that the UK is still in Europe?