Manager of the season - still 'Regional'

I have guided Deportivo all the way back to La Liga and in my first season in the Spanish top flight, finished 4th in the league.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive the Manager of the Season award. I was thinking that the standard thing would happen whereby the league champion would receive it.

But winning it has made no impact to my reputation. Surely if you win Manager of the Season, it should increase your reputation - or at least upgrade it from Regional to National.

15 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I have guided Deportivo all the way back to La Liga and in my first season in the Spanish top flight, finished 4th in the league.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive the Manager of the Season award. I was thinking that the standard thing would happen whereby the league champion would receive it.

But winning it has made no impact to my reputation. Surely if you win Manager of the Season, it should increase your reputation - or at least upgrade it from Regional to National.

That's one of the problems with reputation in my opinion. Yeah by winning that award your reputation should have a boost, but what you already achieved you should have, at least, national rep. In real life you would have other La Liga teams looking at you as a possible manager but with regional rep that won't happen. 

I'd be interested in learning how the reputation grading works 'under the hood'.

Do you have to achieve a certain number of manager points in a certain time to move up a level?

Also I've noticed in the Hall Of Fame page that you can go down the list as well as up. Does that mean that your reputation can be downgraded too (for example, from Continental to National)? 

5 hours ago, passenger58 said:

I'd be interested in learning how the reputation grading works 'under the hood'.

Do you have to achieve a certain number of manager points in a certain time to move up a level?

Also I've noticed in the Hall Of Fame page that you can go down the list as well as up. Does that mean that your reputation can be downgraded too (for example, from Continental to National)? 

Yeah, if you resign you seem to lose reputation, that's one example I've seen it be downgraded, probably if you have a bad season too.