Remove Advertising in football manager 2020?

I have not played in a while and now when I start up the game I get a new message about advertising inside the game. Is there a way to turn it off? I don't want it to take up screen space or pop-up like the do on mobile games with a timer on the close button. I play fm20 on windows 10 on desktop computer.  Should I put in a age below 16, or above 16? Do I need a parental account if I pick a low age in this screen?

HGYM8MC.png

Posted (edited)

It does not pop up, it's only the billboards inside matches. So it's either targeted to you, or just random generic.

image.png.ed4a43fde6dbb1434c6e33695f97cff7.png

Edited by XaW

Just put your actual age, you don't need a 'parental account' if you're under 16. Like it says right there, it's too ensure the advertising hoardings are age appropriate. If you're struggling with this screen, just wait until you have to put a tactic together, the possibilities are almost endless.

ok thanks. I put in "no" to the personalized advertising just in case. Because I dont want the game to collect all my personal data. And I like that the advertising does not take up any screen space in the squad spread sheet, as I need all the space I can get.

No need to worry. I work in advertising, and know no media agency or advertiser that has any interest in anyone's personal life. They just want to know your gender and age to show you products that might be more interesting to you.

On 08/06/2021 at 20:47, Speedyol said:

ok thanks. I put in "no" to the personalized advertising just in case. Because I dont want the game to collect all my personal data. And I like that the advertising does not take up any screen space in the squad spread sheet, as I need all the space I can get.

You don't want SI finding out you save scum! We're on to you!