Euro 2020 podcasts

Rob1981

Simple question.  What is everyone listening to?  I'm rubbish at making time for podcasts normally but don't want to miss anything good.

Been working my way through some of these:

Country-by-country previews with a local journalist from each place... but a load of them were clearly put together months ago.  Any good new preview shows recorded this week?  And what about the nostalgia fests?  Someone must be doing the Euro 2000 retrospective surely, bleating on about the Dutch missing all the penalties and the Spain v Yugoslavia game?

Running of out of days to listen to all the previews but please point me towards nice things.

Edited by Rob1981

The Athletic do some good podcasts in the build up to the Euros. You don't have to be a subscriber to the site either to listen to them, they're all just in the usual podcast places and are all free. 

The Totally Football Show is a good listen, as is my favourite Football Cliches, which is always a great, hilarious listen :D

Football Ramble usually excels at the tournament, but it isn't quite what it used to be.  Maybe they'll pull out something.

The Terrace Scottish Football podcast will likely have decent coverage for those North of Hadrian's Wall.

2 hours ago, skybluedave said:

I mostly just listen to Totally Football Show, mainly coz I love James Richardson. The guys on it are all good. Though Julien Laurens is a bit annoying

Thanks, enjoying this one.

I listen to Totally Football mostly, but on a tactics note Zonal Marking (Michael Cox) has just put out 2 episodes covering all the national teams that will play. I played those today, good to get in the mood for the competition. 

I agree the Football Ramble isn't quite as good as it used to be, sadly. 

That Peter Crouch podcast doing two a week during the euros,  first one up, on squad numbers.  Crouch talks about how he was given the number 9 shirt for 2010 so thought he was a nailed on starter, then played about 1 minute in the whole tournament (although I just checked and he actually got 17 mins plus 2 x injury times).  Referred to it as numbers-housery :D

it's not a podcast and it probably won't take you long to watch (7 minutes each for every video) but I like the Tifo Football animated videos and they have done one for every group

not massively comprehensive like podcasts can be but gives you the basic about the teams, strangely enough there is a 6th video - think somebody messed up the playlist :D

Edited by TM

1 hour ago, TM said:

it's not a podcast and it probably won't take you long to watch (7 minutes each for every video) but I like the Tifo Football animated videos and they have done one for every group

not massively comprehensive like podcasts can be but gives you the basic about the teams, strangely enough there is a 6th video - think somebody messed up the playlist :D

There's 6 groups isn't there?

1 hour ago, Baptista_8 said:

There's 6 groups isn't there?

indeed there is, completely forgot that despite reading guides/websites for months for this tournament :D 

the 6th group video for the "group of death" isn't up yet so that's the placeholder for it

• 2 weeks later...