How fussy are AI managers about you playing loanees out of position?

Hi everyone,

I have my eye on a couple of players who have the right attributes but the parent clubs want them played in their natural position & role. If I accept them contract proposal & then play the player out of the desired position & role, will the club simply cancel the loan after a few games? How long roughly until the player becomes unhappy?

Thanks!

Take agreed position or role out of the contract. I have found this work most of the time. Same as I have found and saved lots of money by taking the sign on fee out of new contracts. I leave the wage the same as they demand just remove signing on fee. Works almost all the time. Same with agent fee but that done always work. If your trying to sign a player other teams are offering a contract to then I wouldn't recommend to do it.

I was playing a lower-league save earlier this year, and kept having loans cancelled because even though I was playing the loan player in every game, I was playing him as a Box-to-box instead of "center mid - support" or it was a center back on "stopper" and his club wanted him to play as limited center back. Hey, you want to dictate where your player's going to play...keep him at YOUR club. 

I play in Russia where you can terminate at any point during a loan, and they do it ALL the time. For very awkward reasons. LB playing all season at LB but in a WB role instead of FB. 

Some dialogue options and better AI need tweaking with things like this, because it is nonsense. 

My experience, playing primarily in the third-ninth tiers of English football and the top level of Italian football, has been that AI managers are very particular about this.  I've had several players recalled by their parent clubs, both for playing the requested role in a different position (advanced playmaker in central midfielder rather than attacking midfield, for example) or different roles in the same position (central defender instead of no-nonsense central defender).