Leave club at the end of contract without resignation?

Is there a way to leave a club without a resignation? If I resign, the press asks about possible bad things in the background, even though I'm just tired from the job or want a new challenge. If the contract expires, I'm still in the club.

There seems to be no way to leave a club in good terms. 

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

You have to resign. There's no other way.

Sad. That's a poorly thought feature in the game. Some managers, like players, just choose to leave a club by the end of their contracts, and they do it gracefully. The resignation on football manager represents only the bad aspects of such a move - like press questions about the relationship of the board and mass staff exodus. 

I'm not a fan of it either. AFAIK, it doesn't hurt your reputation at least. The media should realise the difference between an end of contract resignation and a 'normal' resignation though, as you said.

7 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

I'm not a fan of it either. AFAIK, it doesn't hurt your reputation at least. The media should realise the difference between an end of contract resignation and a 'normal' resignation though, as you said.

They don't. That's one of the reasons this is a very poorly thought thing in the game. In the past, on a different note, the game didn't know why a manager was spotted in international games. They changed it on fm21, now the media knows a manager is there to watch their own players. I hope a similar fix will come to the contract fiasco

• 1 month later...
On 08/06/2021 at 17:59, ferrenberg said:

They don't. That's one of the reasons this is a very poorly thought thing in the game. In the past, on a different note, the game didn't know why a manager was spotted in international games. They changed it on fm21, now the media knows a manager is there to watch their own players. I hope a similar fix will come to the contract fiasco

Stick it in the feature requests section, it would be good to have some variety.

The old 'I took them as far as I could', curbishley style