Super Star, Wonderkid, Next Messi.... and Poor Rating

Ansu Fati, The "REAL" Next Messi by Barca Fan. Have potential of 5 star (but cannot reach yet, even slower than greenwood who at the same age). Give him the Big Contract he ask for

And I let him play at Natural Position which is Left/Right wings ad Inside Forward.

But somehow he rarely score or make something Magnificient but somehow only get Below 7 rating (6.9, 6.8) in MOST OF THE MATCH

image.thumb.png.4888a7f97a4cd55484c1c3a334eb8aff.pngIs he really a next Messi? or just Overhyped wonder kid ? I doubt...

It's important to note that the star ratings that players are given from coaches are not objective measures of how good a player is. They are relative to the quality of your team, and the league you are in. So a player who is bang-average PL player might get two-and-a-half in a PL squad, but would be the best player in League Two and would be five-star rated by any team in that division. A player who is a five-star central midfielder in Brighton's squad might only be a three-star player in Manchester City's squad, when the the players he is competing with for a place in the side are De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva.
Fati is already an unbelievably player just from a glance at his attributes there, he's just not five-star according to your coaches because the quality of the other forwards at your club must already be so unbelievably high.

It might also be worth noting that a 6.8/6.9 rating is not bad, it's above average. But I appreciate it doesn't always feel that way because the game only highlights rating above 7 in green. From the screenshot you have posted (which I know doesn't give me context of his whole season) he's got 3 goals and 2 assists in his last five games, he has a training rating of 8.2, and some of his important attributes for attacking and creativity are still growing; these are all incredibly promising signs for a 22-year-old. He is only going to keep getting better.

I would suggest you don't actually have too much to worry about. Is this his first season in England? Keep playing him (maybe schedule a team bonding session in training every couple of weeks or so if you aren't doing that already) and his team cohesion with his teammates, and his tactical familiarity with your system can only improve. Maybe also consider putting him in a mentoring group with an Influential Player in your squad who has high professionalism and/or determination, which will could help to grow some of his important hidden attributes. He is going to be a world-beater, just be patient with him.

Edited by Bojanbbz94

4 hours ago, Bojanbbz94 said:

It's important to note that the star ratings that players are given from coaches are not objective measures of how good a player is. They are relative to the quality of your team, and the league you are in. So a player who is bang-average PL player might get two-and-a-half in a PL squad, but would be the best player in League Two and would be five-star rated by any team in that division. A player who is a five-star central midfielder in Brighton's squad might only be a three-star player in Manchester City's squad, when the the players he is competing with for a place in the side are De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva.
Fati is already an unbelievably player just from a glance at his attributes there, he's just not five-star according to your coaches because the quality of the other forwards at your club must already be so unbelievably high.

It might also be worth noting that a 6.8/6.9 rating is not bad, it's above average. But I appreciate it doesn't always feel that way because the game only highlights rating above 7 in green. From the screenshot you have posted (which I know doesn't give me context of his whole season) he's got 3 goals and 2 assists in his last five games, he has a training rating of 8.2, and some of his important attributes for attacking and creativity are still growing; these are all incredibly promising signs for a 22-year-old. He is only going to keep getting better.

I would suggest you don't actually have too much to worry about. Is this his first season in England? Keep playing him (maybe schedule a team bonding session in training every couple of weeks or so if you aren't doing that already) and his team cohesion with his teammates, and his tactical familiarity with your system can only improve. Maybe also consider putting him in a mentoring group with an Influential Player in your squad who has high professionalism and/or determination, which will could help to grow some of his important hidden attributes. He is going to be a world-beater, just be patient with him.

Actually it is his 4th season in England

And here is his (In-my-opinion) Underperformance rating in England, Obviously I did put him in the Mentoring Group with Bruno Fernandes as a Leader mentor !
image.thumb.png.bead0efd6a09efd6c2ee3eba16c847e3.png

12 hours ago, donnghia said:

Ansu Fati, The "REAL" Next Messi by Barca Fan. Have potential of 5 star (but cannot reach yet, even slower than greenwood who at the same age). Give him the Big Contract he ask for

And I let him play at Natural Position which is Left/Right wings ad Inside Forward.

But somehow he rarely score or make something Magnificient but somehow only get Below 7 rating (6.9, 6.8) in MOST OF THE MATCH

image.thumb.png.4888a7f97a4cd55484c1c3a334eb8aff.pngIs he really a next Messi? or just Overhyped wonder kid ? I doubt...

It is also important to take into account his supporting cast and the tactics around him. 

7 hours ago, donnghia said:

Actually it is his 4th season in England

And here is his (In-my-opinion) Underperformance rating in England, Obviously I did put him in the Mentoring Group with Bruno Fernandes as a Leader mentor !
image.thumb.png.bead0efd6a09efd6c2ee3eba16c847e3.png

Yeah fair enough, those are not incredible stats and I would expect more from him too. I mean, they are still relatively solid if he is on course to score around 10 league goals from the wing for the third season in a row. Like a few other people in this thread has said, it might be worth looking at the tactical instructions of the players around him to get the best out of him.

Maybe also consider setting an additional training focus for shooting? His long shots and technique are unlikely to get much better, but it's worth trying to squeeze as much development out of his finishing as possible.