Help analysing a match situation

Hi there,

So I'm playing the cup final and this happened in the last minutes, they score the winning goal by Christensen.

I'm not good at analysing this kind of stuff so I'd like your opinion on who made the mistake here? Barrios? It looks like he just stood there eye marking the players, which is strange because he has good mental attributes. He is my BWM and we play 4411 formation.

Thanks.

1.png.bdba68a0fc2a47a271e3ee80378628dc.png

2.png.b26d72dc30c9fced473e7afc3368ff5d.png

3.png.21d211b3acd9000d4304ae742b39401e.png

4.png.a077c7dd4c13dcf2868634594ec5e38b.png

5.png.b7681aa50b67971a83acc3ea40b84bc3.png

6.png.4fa2d591f48cbe0542ee438e1aeaa746.png

Edited by mikcheck

2 horas atrás, Mitja disse:

Yes him and your number 16. It looks like Christensen was free free for quite some time. Poor defending or tiredness but it happens unfortunately.

Thanks. Yes I also didn't like number 16 job there. 

6 horas atrás, Gdansk disse:

Is Christensen the CM or smth? mark and press them in opposition instructions and this will happen less, even though its weird that you need to use those ois every time pretty much

Actually it wasn't Christensen who scored, it was Richarlison. Sorry my bad.  Christensen shoot but then there's a kind of deflection and Richarlison scores.

Yes, Christensen was playing as a CM at that moment.

5 horas atrás, DarJ disse:

honestly I think it's difficult to tell without looking at the tactic and the highlight of the goal because sometimes, the error occurs way before the goal is scored

This is the tactic and instructions at that moment:

jjjjj.jpg.129096ac986bc7b9daaab4b667a7a184.jpg

Dortmund was playing a system with 3 CD's, 2 WBS, 2 CM's, AML, AMR and ST, but then they changed to a 4-2-3-1 when I scored the late equalizer. Well, they it didn't last long because they scored few seconds later.

I also reckon that it doesn't help that the highest positioning attribute among my 4 defenders is only 14

Edited by mikcheck

6 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Actually it wasn't Christensen who scored, it was Richarlison. Sorry my bad.  Christensen shoot but then there's a kind of deflection and Richarlison scores.

Dortmund was playing a system with 3 CD's, 2 WBS, 2 CM's, AML, AMR and ST, but then they changed to a 4-2-3-1 when I scored the late equalizer. Well, they it didn't last long because they scored few seconds later.

I also reckon that it doesn't help that the highest positioning attribute among my 4 defenders is only 14

From the screen and how the gk is standing I was thinking it has to be the typical rebound shot, thanks for clearing it up.

I can tell you this, if a team is switching to a 4-2-3-1 late it's pretty much suicide not adjusting the tactic, they'll have 4 guys just standing around waiting for transitions and totally overrun you. So of course that wasn't the exact problem here but just so you know. What still applies here is that they throw everybody at you, everybody besides one CM and the LB (and CB ofc) is in your box. If I see this just put DM D and BWM D or A in there so these guys will stay back as good as it gets and are willing to defend in the box as well. WB S in this game aren't really strong and especially away at Dortmund in a cup game I'd rather go for FB with stay wider for example.

So for your tactic in general I'd change the CAR for sure, I understand your thinking that you want him to cover for Bailey and all that but the role has very specific movements that will make it very hard defending your box since he'll have tendencies just to stand around on the wing or the half space and not really help cover the box, which is important especially if you voluntarily push the LOE one up. If you want to keep the WP then probably CM/D or against weaker teams BWM/D would be my go to there and have a CM/S in the LCM. Focus through the middle and play narrow could be somewhat of an overkill, I could imagine that the latter could also maybe lead to your players not looking for Bailey on the break that much. I'm a bit torn on the AF, I see people like them and all that, but my personal feeling tells me an PF/A would give you a similar threat in transition while providing more of a first pressing presence.

In general you surely aren't a bad player though, Dortmund Away with Leverkusen is something I don't really enjoy in the game to say the least.

When they changed to 4-2-3-1 seems to be the situation when the AI puts his very attacking formation to play the last minutes and try to score a goal. Your system has a higher defensive line and positive mentality that makes a lot of risk in defense situations, maybe your system works very well versus normal or defensive systems but in that situation with risky systems playing in both sides, probably one team or other will take a clearly chance to score a goal shortly. I think you was unlucky because you don't had time to react to the AI changes...

Edited by daarser

15 hours ago, mikcheck said:

After looking at the highlight I think the BWM is the problem because around 8sec in the video he rushed out to close down the player with the ball and there was no need for it since your no. 15 was already on him. I would keep an eye on that and if necessary, change the role to CM-D

Edited by DarJ

If this was IRL, I would say Barrios' positioning is off. Way too much distance to the defensive line.

But this isn't RL, so... I would say Barrios positioning could be a bit better (what's his attribute?), but the other CM seems more at fault as he disregards his direct marker movement. Check his work rate/positioning/anticipation.

I would also look into the use of the BWM-D. BWM are chasers and they are very useful when you want to press high (so you most likely use them on support), I don't find them very effective on a Defending duty, it also seems like a contradiction: chaser, but dropping to control a space... If you need someone to control the space, then I would suggest CM-D. Check the key attributes: BWM-D doesn't ask for Positioning, CM-D does.