EURO 2020(1?) Football forum average draft - first knockout round - matches 1 and 2

GunmaN1905

First knockout round  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Match 1

2. 2. Match 2

Match 1

adhikapp                                                                     bestbrother

1851146_Crystal_Palace.jpg.72d0bd7dc8c9cZr5r7bM.png

Match 2

Yuko                                                                       PaulHartman71

1851073_Greece.jpg.a8c2ca494b8589e21085cr0P97E9.png

First knockout phase, matches 1 and 2.
Polls are active for ~24h, give or take.

Everyone is welcome to vote, not just players participating in the draft!
Would also be nice if you could write a sentence or two to explain why you voted the way you did.

Vote for each matchup, don't bottle it.

@Darius1998@Barry Cartman@Jorg@bestbrother@Baptista_8@Hazzaj@grff@Marius_R@PaulHartman71@Kawee@The Golden boy@Butts@Haguey@Citizen Kane@Yuko @sjg11@adhikapp@managerdude_66@SRL88@Sano@trueblue.85@SouthCoastRed@MaxeyN17@Harryseaess@Scott1892@Crispypaul@XuluBak

Edited by GunmaN1905

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Hmm, make a deal with the player playing against you to vote for either your or opponent's teams, so you cancel each other out. :D

He voted for my team. Shall I consider it conceding defeat? :D 

Jk, I'll follow suit

Adhikapp over bestbrother just because he has better balance.

Player for player it's more or less even, but I just can't see bestbrother's midfielder working.
And 3 up front were all strikers.

Second game Yuko wins it.

Helveg-Alpay on the same side is too much for me...
And Mertens is the worst attacking player from the bunch, not a right winger, either.

Petrov the weakest midfield link, too.

But Paul has the advantage on GK position and LB.

Also, with Stojkovic part of the team now, I can see @adhikapp being able to switch the roles between him and Gullit. I do prefer Gullit as an AM but he definitely could offer from the MC spot and Stojkovic would be better suited in a more advanced role. 

6 minutes ago, Yuko said:

Also, with Stojkovic part of the team now, I can see @adhikapp being able to switch the roles between him and Gullit. I do prefer Gullit as an AM but he definitely could offer from the MC spot and Stojkovic would be better suited in a more advanced role. 

Imo, it's a toss-up.
I always thought Gullit was someone who could play as a forward more than Stojković, who was a pure advanced playmaker, either in #8 or #10 role.

Maybe he should've put Albelda as lone DM, then 3 of them in line as CM/AM.

In future drafts it should be whatever team is picked first, stays (apart from when there's options for transfers). Never seen so many team changes before a draft has started after Yuko went round giving his advice to everyone.

14 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

In future drafts it should be whatever team is picked first, stays (apart from when there's options for transfers). Never seen so many team changes before a draft has started after Yuko went round giving his advice to everyone.

:lol:

You mean as in formation?

I won't lie, I got a lot of message asking me about ex-yu players.
Nothing illegal for the draft, just what was their playstyle like and how they were rated by public at the time.

3 hours ago, Baptista_8 said:

Was hoping that would lead to a discussion more than anything else tbh