EURO 2020(1?) Football forum average draft - Group H

GunmaN1905

Group H  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Match 1

2. 2. Match 2

3. 3. Match 3

sjg11                                                                             Hazzaj                                                                   managerdude_66

, image.png.ce159b8f74018f4f7333f9d117141564.pngimage.png.e9c69f6ac82d873bbe4fe116943d7e4b.png1850674_Dream_Team.jpg.53a4fc4cc3e1593ea

Three matches in the group, please vote for the winner of each match.
Winner of each group advances to last 16 automatically.
Two second place teams with worst total vote difference are eliminated, so please vote carefully because every vote will count.

Polls are active for ~24h, give or take.

Everyone is welcome to vote, not just players participating in the draft!
Would also be nice if you could write a sentence or two to explain why you voted the way you did.

To avoid shambles, participants of the group can't vote. If you do, your votes don't count.

@Darius1998@Barry Cartman@Jorg@bestbrother@Baptista_8@Hazzaj@grff@Marius_R@PaulHartman71@Kawee@The Golden boy@Butts@Haguey@Citizen Kane@Yuko @sjg11@adhikapp@managerdude_66@SRL88@Sano@trueblue.85@SouthCoastRed@MaxeyN17@Harryseaess@Scott1892@Crispypaul@XuluBak

I suppose I ought to defend my team a bit here, so here goes:

Cruyff, Villa, Zola - what's not to like? One of the most skilful and intelligent players the world has seen, and a pioneer of modern football, the deadliest striker in arguably both the world's best ever club and international teams, and a Chelsea and Premier League legend, who although didn't achieve what he should have done with his national side will always be remembered as one of the English top flight's finest exports.

Midfield is where I've taken a couple of liberties, but the skillset of Poborský could easily be adapted to the role of a midfield creator in this system, and switching him to the left side gives him the opportunity to play inswinging balls to the opposite side. Boban is another who has plenty of experience playing wide but can also tuck inside, and the all round ability and work-rate of Effenberg will help knit the midfield together, as long as hes not giving his manager the finger.

In defence I've gone for players with ball-playing ability as well as positional smarts, Desailly should need no introduction, but those of you familiar with Super Depor and Benítez's Valencia should recognise the ability of Đukić (let's just forget that infamous penalty miss though shall we!). in Walker you have the archetypal modern fullback capable of both over- and underlapping, Vermaelen on the opposite side is a bit of a compromise but he has played there for his country after all, and his experience as a midfielder in part of his youth should stand him in good stead for this team. Fabiański compares very favourably to both de Gea and Ederson in terms of recent shot-stopping statistics, so he's no weakness either.

Good side right? I won't bite you if you vote for managerdude's XI either, (it's pretty good), but losing to one with that eejit Peter Shilton in might sting a bit more :D

My defence and GK are excellent with Tardelli and Coluna forming a solid spine in front of them. 

Albert was a top-notch creator, Mandzukic is a strong finisher while my wingers are both capable on the counter-attack (particularly McClair, part of the first great Fergie side). Most importantly, my side are well-balanced, the system works and the defence is rock-solid

7 minutes ago, Hazzaj said:

Good side right? I won't bite you if you vote for managerdude's XI either, (it's pretty good), but losing to one with that eejit Peter Shilton in might sting a bit more :D

I voted for the team with Peter Shilton in because of this :brock:

Match 1: This is a hard one as both teams have flaws. My immediate reaction is that Hazzaj would scrape the win as he has so much guile up front, and a solid backline but Effenberg was a bit flaky, Walker isn't that great defensively and I don't rate Vermaelen at all especially on the left. Sjg suffers from the presence of Garcia. Very close match this with his very solid back 7 though. Sjg scrapes the win.

Match 2: Another hard one. Some great talent on Managerdude's team but Beckham as a advanced right winger doesn't appeal and his backline with Srna who doesn't do much defending, Matarazzi who is usually solid but could do a madness and Burki who isn't great lets him down too. Despite fewer great attacking talents I think Sjg wins again through the odd goal and some defensive solidarity.

Match 3: Two very similar formations so this could almost be man for man. Beckham up against Vermaelen would be odd but Beckham is quality so would provide good balls despite not really being a winger, plus Srna doubling up would cause all kinds of trouble. I think Alaba would have the beating of Walker too, but not by much. Both teams full backs could attack loads and would do so, but Vermaelen on the left for Hazzaj stands out as a weak point compared to the other 3. I probably just about rate Managerdude's midfield 3 over Hazzaj's too. Alaba and Hazard would cause chaos on the left, and Rummenigge upfront would be fantastic but Desailly is also incredible. I think Sjg wins this by the odd goal in a great match. 

Hard luck Hazzaj, a very tough group this.