EURO 2020(1?) Football forum average draft - Group G

GunmaN1905

Group G  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Match 1

2. 2. Match 2

3. 3. Match 3

Harryseaess                                                                      Butts                                                                         bestbrother

312998165_DraftTeam.jpg.d7c375ae0539924443D442BB-191A-49DF-AEE7-CDDE8D640C0B.jpeMyfCtVf.png

Three matches in the group, please vote for the winner of each match.
Winner of each group advances to last 16 automatically.
Two second place teams with worst total vote difference are eliminated, so please vote carefully because every vote will count.

Polls are active for ~24h, give or take.

Everyone is welcome to vote, not just players participating in the draft!
Would also be nice if you could write a sentence or two to explain why you voted the way you did.

To avoid shambles, participants of the group can't vote. If you do, your votes don't count.

@Darius1998@Barry Cartman@Jorg@bestbrother@Baptista_8@Hazzaj@grff@Marius_R@PaulHartman71@Kawee@The Golden boy@Butts@Haguey@Citizen Kane@Yuko @sjg11@adhikapp@managerdude_66@SRL88@Sano@trueblue.85@SouthCoastRed@MaxeyN17@Harryseaess@Scott1892@Crispypaul@XuluBak

It's hard to look past Harry's fullbacks, especially playing Fuchs at RB. Not convinced by his wingers either although I did really rate Nani.

Absolutely love bestbrother's midfield and attack, although a lack of width and pace could cost him in future games.

Butts also has a very solid team, weakness is a lack of guile in the final third with Muller and Solskjaer on the wings.

Edited by Baptista_8

1 minute ago, Baptista_8 said:

Butts also has a very solid team, weakness is a lack of guile in the final third with Muller and Solskjaer on the wings.

Butts choose the wrong formation, imo.

Should've been 3-4-1-2.

Tudor was better at CB, his fullback are good going forward and neither Muller or Ole were optimal out wide.

Muller behind two strikers would be better. But then there's KdB-Sneijder midfield. Still, could work with those 3 CBs.

52 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Butts choose the wrong formation, imo.

Should've been 3-4-1-2.

Tudor was better at CB, his fullback are good going forward and neither Muller or Ole were optimal out wide.

Muller behind two strikers would be better. But then there's KdB-Sneijder midfield. Still, could work with those 3 CBs.

That’s part of the reason I picked Tudor tbf, had a few players on the list for DM but wanted more of a defender who could sit in where needed.

Another tough one to call - gonna hand it to Butts though, Igor [any relation to Henry?] Tudor might look a bit awkward on the face of it, but in a modern 4-3-3 it probably makes sense if he's going to be spending a fair amount of time sitting in between the centre backs. Attack might not look the paciest but when you have de Bruyne and Sneijder serving up the play, and the quality of fullbacks he has to support, it looks more than capable of piling on the goals.

Harrysseas and bestbrother again very tough to separate - Harry has the better centrebacks and strikers - Nani also deserved more praise than he got for being a mostly quality winger down the years for Man Untied and Portugal - bestbrother has him in the creativity department, and whilst neither has particularly impressive fullbacks, at least bestie isn't shoehorning Christian Fuchs into the right of his defence! In the end I think I'll give it to bestbrother on the comparitive strength of his goalkeeper, between the two it could easily just be a mad game where there's plenty of space between each others' lines - so it could all come down to who has the better stopper, and I'm backing Yashin to be the man.

Not got as much time so quick overviews for these

Match 1: Butts wins a close-ish match, despite Solskjaer playing on the right of a 3. Harry's team suffers because on his right Ljungberg will get nothing from Cole and Fuchs is limited as he's on the wrong side. Think Butts controls the midfield here too.

Match 2: Bestbrother edges it for me, as despite him not having a holding player and basically 6 attacking players I think the sheer quality of those forward players will pile in the goals against a fairly weak Harry defence. Probably gonna finish about 6-5 or something :D

Match 3: Butts' formation is better and his players are of sufficient quality that he would win this.