[FMT 21] - The raise of a Kurdish club in Turkey

The transfer window is not over yet but boy did we seen a lot of moves happening in this summer in Diyarbakir. It surprising for me how many good players (for our level) we could find on free transfers, and even for the ones we payed money the prices were so small. Tied most of them to 1 or 2 years contracts, as we hopefully outgrow as a club their potential as players. The ones one the list who appear as having other nationalities than the ones set in the filters of countries i presented in the opening post, are actually part of the Turkish community abroad (which is pretty strong in Germany and Holland). So decided to take Turkish as a second nationality also, and it would seem they are not seen as foreign players by the league. I think they will have to be called up to the national teams in order to be seen as foreigners. 

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Players10f1db21ee620be3.png

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Players-20f23772aefe1ae40.png

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Transfer-History2ffc71b04dce6c13.png

4 hours ago, Constantine said:

So you just went and signed three whole teams worth of players...

Love it :D 

It was such a mess that I had to let go some of the players I have signed in early June as free transfers , due to the fact that after the season update we were seen as a second division club and could attract a lot of better players, also on frees. It was for sure poor management on my part that I did not think this through and couldn't wait for the key upper level players. I was a bit afraid we would begin the season without a competitive squad, but when it came to it we had almost two, considering all those youngsters in the reserves.

Hopefully this does not detour our preparation for the new season to much. We could use with some extra finances to make the transition to second division easier and maybe even fight for the playoff places. Waiting now to see in the winter what the elections will bring for us.

Mustafa-Barzani_-Inboxac266b47644e70a4.png

This is a dreamy start of the season. We only lost once at Denizlispor, drew with Malatyaspor (both of them relegated from the Super League), drew also with Adanaspor and Istanbulspor. We won games with Ankaraspor, Samsun, Beliksehir, Umraniye (they all have spor after their names) and also progressed two rounds in the cup. It is still early in the season but we already find ourselves in the promotion race.

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Fixturesc9839eed3df504a4.png

TFF-1.-Lig_-Competition-Review2fb4e9738ab3a744.png

We are out of the Cup after we were paired with a SuperLig team - Konyaspor, which proved to be a little to good for us. Against all the odds we are continuing our good run of results in the league. Although we had undefeated months in November and December, a little to many draws saw us dropping down to 4th in the league, which is still playoff places and an incredible performance for us as we approach the half of the season.

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Fixturesa3bfb6a48797e803.png

TFF-1.-Lig_-Competition-Review4573f2cc0f71c112.png

59 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

Good work! Crazy offseason but seems to have brought you results

Yeah, either the second league is poor or we had a fluke in bringing in together a squad of mainly rejects from first tier teams. The board is extremely satisfied also, gave me an A+ grade last month. Not sure if we are not punching way to much above our level, and if that is not going to come back to hurt us at some point in the season. At the moment we are just enjoying life and football in Diyarbakir.

Mustafa-Barzani_-Inboxca72f9b54f475149.png

It's a small winter break of around 2 weeks and the first offer I have received as a manager. It is from Ankaragucu which are battling relegation in the SuperLig but I have no intention in switching alliance to them, so I politely refused to negotiate with them. 

Mustafa-Barzani_-Inbox46be82ccf9936a3a.png

I would not say this is revenge for me not wanting to join them, but Ankaragucu just signed Sinan - our main man of goals. It is true that our chairman was pretty bad about it also, and considered 475k like to much money to say no to. Worse thing is that we only got 66k of them in the transfer budget and only a day more left, not sure we can find a suitable replacement.

Mustafa-Barzani_-Inboxda468204423672e9.png

We continue our good run of results, only losing away at Istanbulspor to see us on 1st position in the league with only 9 games left. Could this really happen, and we achieve back to back promotions?

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Fixtures504e8e04448bb5a3.png

TFF-1.-Lig_-Competition-Review402691e0df54268f.png

Already some good news and a trophy at the club - our reserves have won their competition with some games in hand. That is pretty surprising considering we only had 3 players on loans and some youngsters in the squad, but I guess the other ones are even worse - being filled with grey out players. So I dont take this as a sign of look what great prospects we have coming in for the club, but rather like a sign that we were the only ones to show up for the competition. 

Turkish-Reserves-Group-2_-Profilecbdf6dc812ec0f29.png

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler-Reserves_-Players991e9b2bc1bd447d.png

It will seem we are losing pace just when it was more important not to. Two loses and two draws out of the games in March and April and we dropped down to 4th in the league. With only two games left and 4 points far from direct promotion I think it is pretty safe to say we wont make it. But we do have guaranteed a playoff place so maybe... just maybe.. we can pick ourselves together and promote against all odds. 

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Fixtures946198ea5f71e5e1.png

TFF-1.-Lig_-Competition-Review9841575ccba19a09.png

We won both the remaining games in the league but that was barely enough for finishing 3rd, just one point behind the direct promotion place. On one side, it is a frustrating end of the season, but on the other if someone told me at the beginning of the season we will finish in the playoff places I wouldn't believe it. So we go into the playoff games with confidence - first stop Adana Demirspor.

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Fixtures577d54dcda786443.png

TFF-1.-Lig_-Competition-Reviewa4872405b871bd9d.png

3 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Good luck in the playoffs!

3 hours ago, Carambau said:

Im wishing you good Luck for the playoffs :)

Thank you both. Did not had the nerve to play it, going to need a couple of good hours for analysis and game. It is very important if we manage to get promoted this soon.

We did it - after passing over Adana Demirspor in the semi-finals we were setup against Istanbulspor in the final. The match went all the way to the penalties where we proved the stronger nerves and won it to get us promoted to the SuperLig.

Amed-v-Istanbulspor_-Review94459643dadfba3a.png

Mustafa-Barzani_-Inbox-2b8a8f6a469b37b0b.png

Mustafa-Barzani_-Inbox-3390bebdb748294ff.png

For next season the board requests have changed a bit. Now the club culture has expanded a bit, including Play defensively solid football, Play possession football, Make the most of set pieces and play high-tempo pressing football. That is really a lot to accommodate for a newly promoted team to the SuperLig.

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Club-Vision-Meeting7ecb9463278a5dae.png

We will promote to a SuperLig which was won for the second time in a row by Trabzon. This year it was even tighter as they finished same points with Fener, but had the advantage of H2H games. Basaksehir, Galata and Alanya are the other teams qualified for UEFA competitions. At the other end of the table, it is Ankaragucu, Hatay and Bandirma who have been relegated to 1.Lig.

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Stages45625ee35842bb2d.png

Well done! would have been brutal to lose on penalties, but it’s such a relief when you win! Good luck in the top flight. Back to back promotions!

3 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Well done! would have been brutal to lose on penalties, but it’s such a relief when you win! Good luck in the top flight. Back to back promotions!

Hopefully we can manage. I feel we are nowhere near to the quality needed.

Cannot say much about the friendlies in this period, results are not very important as we are struggling to put together a team of players good enough for SuperLig.

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Fixtures227e5fc63367f757.png

We are close to defining the squad with which we will play in our first season in the SuperLig. A little to many loan players for my liking, but of course it was needed for us to remain competitive on a little budget. Just hoping that we made the right choices and we are up to the level of play needed to stay in the first division.

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Players51d581e0b5f85e54.png

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Players-29eeb12daf5402ba2.png

Amed-Sportif-Faliyetler_-Transfer-History5cb80973867fb618.png