You may choose your affiliate !

The time has come after coaching AFK Linköping for more than 8 years that I may choose my feeder club. If I push the button "choose a club" it presents me a list with Swedisch clubs (lower reputation in comparison to my club) but selecting foreign teams outside this "window" is also possible (like Chelsea). How much chance there is picking -let's say a realistic Norwegian Third Division club, lower reputation - another team outside this list and being accepted by the board / other party? It's too important to take that risk so any advice is welcome !

In my experience, the only clubs that you can find an agreement with are those presented on the first list. You used to get 4 options presented, this is just an expansion of that. It's not a chance to pick any club in the world.

5 hours ago, Beerschot said:

The time has come after coaching AFK Linköping for more than 8 years that I may choose my feeder club. If I push the button "choose a club" it presents me a list with Swedisch clubs (lower reputation in comparison to my club) but selecting foreign teams outside this "window" is also possible (like Chelsea). How much chance there is picking -let's say a realistic Norwegian Third Division club, lower reputation - another team outside this list and being accepted by the board / other party? It's too important to take that risk so any advice is welcome !

Always pick a team that has a lower reputation than you and does not already have an affiliate. You should also pick affiliate based on the criteria you have set when you ask for it. For example, overseas affiliate for commercial or lower affiliate to send for loans. You can choose clubs outside the list but there is a risk to it when you choose yourself. You should let the board choose for you if you do not want to take any risk.

• 1 month later...