English Media Xenophobic SCUM Thread.

These tweets are doing the rounds on Welsh sporting social media. He didn't name the station in the original tweet.

But yeah, after people asked him to name and shame, he did indeed confirm it was TalkSport, as if there was any doubt.

I mean, read that whole thing. What an absolute load of jingoistic, xenophobic nonsense. If any Welsh person actually takes the money to say all that, they ought to be ashamed of themselves and excommunicated. 

Edited by Confused Clarity

4 minutes ago, MaxeyN17 said:

At work so can't see the tweet - what did they want him to say?

Basically "lol sheep, lol Welsh language" All spectacularly unfunny, and clearly pisses off Welsh people.

1 hour ago, sc91 said:

Absolute flanel, not once did it mention the inbreeding.

Going on about the 1958 World Cup as well, and not pointing out that they had been knocked out once and then only stumbled in because other eliminated teams refused to play a repechage game against Israel.

Total amateur hour.

11 hours ago, Pukey said:

Basically "lol sheep, lol Welsh language" All spectacularly unfunny, and clearly pisses off Welsh people.

Don't forget also implying welsh people are uneducated morons as well.

Really lazy, no mention of the 3 most famous symbols of wales: leek, daffodils and general bitterness towards the English.

Should have just said "we'd rather be watching Rugby but as long as England get beat we'll be happy"

Edited by Wiggins Top Boys

15 hours ago, DeafParrot said:

I see no issues here.

Glad I'm not the only one not feeling the outrage.  Granted, I'm not Welsh, so that probably feeds into it.  But given it's TalkSport it seems remarkably restrained from the usual jingoistic output.  Reads more like being utterly pointless and irrelevant than malicious.  

I assume they've got a Scottish one somewhere too.  Wonder what that'll be like.

Are we making this the general "Patronising English coverage of Scotland and Wales" thread?

Noticed Lee Dixon chortling away when Scotland shipped a late equaliser last night... "I don't really care!" or whatever he said.  Just no need for it.

Not sure when he became such an authority on international football after making precisely zero England squads.

• Confused Clarity changed the title to English Media Xenophobic SCUM Thread.
1 hour ago, Rob1981 said:

Are we making this the general "Patronising English coverage of Scotland and Wales" thread?

Noticed Lee Dixon chortling away when Scotland shipped a late equaliser last night... "I don't really care!" or whatever he said.  Just no need for it.

Not sure when he became such an authority on international football after making precisely zero England squads.

Done.

29 minutes ago, sc91 said:

Yeah, so unnecessary to keep shoving common facts down peoples throats.

Certainly an interesting response considering how much you (rightly) get annoyed at bigotry directed towards the traveller community.

12 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Certainly an interesting response considering how much you (rightly) get annoyed at bigotry directed towards the traveller community.

I really need to add emotes to emphasize the tongue in cheek.

21 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

22 caps for England 

I enjoy the arrogance and ignorance in the English sporting media. It makes it all the sweeter when things go wrong. :D

When England get beat, Scottish media outlets have to give a 'sexually explicit content' warning before revealing the result. 

38 minutes ago, aggressive minor said:

22 caps for England 

Yeah, never went to a tournament though. Injured for Euro 92, failed to qualify 94, not in contention for the others.

Edited by Rob1981

On 01/06/2021 at 10:44, forameuss said:

Glad I'm not the only one not feeling the outrage.  Granted, I'm not Welsh, so that probably feeds into it.  But given it's TalkSport it seems remarkably restrained from the usual jingoistic output.  Reads more like being utterly pointless and irrelevant than malicious.  

I assume they've got a Scottish one somewhere too.  Wonder what that'll be like.

Yeah. I mean, the paragraph about Llanfairpwll... is spectacularly pointless and unfunny and any competent editor would cut it, and the rest is a generic football stuff with a lame Bale joke and a "sheep jokes are boring" sheep joke thrown it but the whole thing is so bland it could be in a tourist brochure - except that would probably have more boring stereotypes (no voice choirs or rugby or leeks or rain mentioned in this!) Even the vanilla "As long as we beat the English" prematch buildups for TV rugby are trying harder for antagonism

What exactly were people expecting, a serious exploration of Welsh culture or a reinvention of Wales as a footballing powerhouse? 

And yeah, Lee Dixon joking about not caring about Scotland's result is just as unfunny and insignificant as half the pundit class from the rest of the UK casually not caring or "go Opposition"ing every English game (or indeed the same top bantz at club level). 

Now when the English media wants to do actual xenophobia around football...

image.jpeg.c6777e279eff9eeff4924c7432b783f0.jpeg

Its less offensive than utterly counter-productive if the aim to attract Wales fans to listen to their coverage. Would someone listing a list of 'lol English' cliches so beloved by Americans make you want to watch their England coverage?

5 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Would someone listing a list of 'lol English' cliches so beloved by Americans make you want to watch their England coverage?

The Welsh would probably love it tbf

On 04/06/2021 at 03:35, sc91 said:

I really need to add emotes to emphasize the tongue in cheek.

Or just be funny

On 05/06/2021 at 00:56, Weezer said:

It's clearly not funny, boomer humour if you will, but are people genuinely outraged by it?

Is anyone genuinely outraged? Is crap though.

On 05/06/2021 at 02:50, Wiggins Top Boys said:

Only if you're a true nationalist dragon flag shagger.

Just an excuse for another #ABE thread with a dodgy pretense really

No need any pretense for ABE.

Donut understand how English people fail to grasp ABE. ABE is more normal of human nature.

In particular, AB Harry Maguire. Hope he is fit to play.