Save Game Failed - Xbox Edition - Windows 10

I'm running the Xbox Edition on Windows 10 through the Gamepass PC App.

The game has been working fine until today, then suddenly everytime I try and save I get the error "Save Game Failed - The game could not be saved"

I've tried reinstalling the game as I thought having it installed on a second drive might of caused the issue, but I still get the error even with the game installed on my main drive.

I also tried starting a new save, that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

FM ERROR SAVE GAME.png

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you're encountering this issue - we've been made aware of the problem and are investigating. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If we require any further information to enable us to get this addressed we'll let you know.

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

In fact, if you go to Start -> About My PC - can you confirm what Windows version your system is on? Should appear as follows (highlighted in red):

nb_windows_version.jpg

Im on Windows 10 Pro

bonjour j'ai exactement le meme probleme sa a commencé par un bug de mise a jour service de jeux xbox que j'ai resolu en effectuant plusieurs mise a jour jai ensuite lancé mon jeux , reussi a joué et arrivé a ma première sauvegarde automatique un echec de sauvegarde suivi d'erreur de chargement . j'ai donc a la suite de tous sa perdu toutes mes sauvegardes qui représentais plusieur vingtaine d'heure de jeux si ce nest plus .... meme si ceci ne reste qu'un jeux vidéo cela reste tres frustrant pour moi [nous] consommateurs de votre produits qui nest donc pas préparé a ce genre de problèmes technique ni par le biais du jeux ou de leurs techniciens en laissant dans la frustrations la plus totale les utilisateurs sans pouvoirs leurs données de reponse rapide et concrète .sans compté sur les forums qui debite pour la plupart des betises sur les solutions a adopter car aucune solutions nest proposé par vos services . alors que faire ? merci de me repondre uniquement si une reponse efficace emerge de vos services salutations distingué

• Administrators

Yeah we've been able to confirm that if you save on a hard drive different to where the game is installed (so for instance if the game is installed on C:, then save the game on D:) that it will work as a workaround.

We're very much working on addressing this issue with an update, but for those of you with secondary drives this is a workaround to allow you to play in the meantime.

Appreciate your patience as we deal with this situation. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah we've been able to confirm that if you save on a hard drive different to where the game is installed (so for instance if the game is installed on C:, then save the game on D:) that it will work as a workaround.

We're very much working on addressing this issue with an update, but for those of you with secondary drives this is a workaround to allow you to play in the meantime.

Appreciate your patience as we deal with this situation. Thanks.

I've tried saving to the same drive and my second drive, I'm still unable to save.

Could it have something to do with Cloud Saves on the Xbox Edition? (not sure if the game has them), but as I cant find my save files in the default save location in the SI folder in Documents (the game folder is empty) and when first starting the Xbox Edition you get a syncing message.

9 minutes ago, magnamadmax said:

my game file also has no saves and every time i go to save it says save failed, I have moved the save file to a different location and still no luck   

I'm starting to think the game is forced to save to the cloud because its the Xbox edition, as in past FM games, when saving you had the option to pick between local and cloud (atleast on the Steam version I owned)

5 minutes ago, Waferboy said:

I'm starting to think the game is forced to save to the cloud because its the Xbox edition, as in past FM games, when saving you had the option to pick between local and cloud (atleast on the Steam version I owned)

ye i have searched it up and only certain games have cloud save for gamepass but fm21 doesnt

2 minutes ago, Rob Heckman said:

Hi guys, sorry for the inconveniences that this issue is causing. We are working on a solution for this and we hope we can solve it soon. Thanks.

Thanks for the update.

10 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The update should now be available, so would suggest downloading and trying again now.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Yeah, updates has fixed the problem, thanks.