• fraudiola changed the title to could not be saved
  • fraudiola changed the title to could not be saved (PC)

We've been made aware of this issue and the team are currently investigating. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If we require any further information to enable us to get this addressed we'll reply here.

Thanks.

In fact, if you go to Start -> About My PC - can you confirm what Windows version your system is on? Should appear as follows (highlighted in red):

nb_windows_version.jpg

16 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

In fact, if you go to Start -> About My PC - can you confirm what Windows version your system is on? Should appear as follows (highlighted in red):

nb_windows_version.jpg

1.JPG.21d6c98350ae2b4939feb229a89e1dee.JPG

We're very much investigating at this moment in time, appreciate the info above @SwPnX - when we have any kind of update we'll let you know.

Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We're very much investigating at this moment in time, appreciate the info above @SwPnX - when we have any kind of update we'll let you know.

Thanks. 

why can't we just save locally?

Yeah we've been able to confirm that if you save on a hard drive different to where the game is installed (so for instance if the game is installed on C:, then save the game on D:) that it will work as a workaround.

We're very much working on addressing this issue with an update, but for those of you with secondary drives this is a workaround to allow you to play in the meantime.

Appreciate your patience as we deal with this situation. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah we've been able to confirm that if you save on a hard drive different to where the game is installed (so for instance if the game is installed on C:, then save the game on D:) that it will work as a workaround.

We're very much working on addressing this issue with an update, but for those of you with secondary drives this is a workaround to allow you to play in the meantime.

My installation and save files are on C: partition yet the issue still persists. Here is  my installed version.

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

Edited by SwPnX
Adding additional info
22 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

But you can’t change the save location on the Xbox version on PC. It saves to the cloud.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

and how are we supposed to do that exactly? lol 

2 hours ago, SwPnX said:

My installation and save files are on C: partition yet the issue still persists. Here is  my installed version.

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

Are they on different parts of the partition? 

2 hours ago, Resigned said:

But you can’t change the save location on the Xbox version on PC. It saves to the cloud.

1 hour ago, fraudiola said:

and how are we supposed to do that exactly? lol 

1 hour ago, Twiggy94 said:

I have no option to choose save location

Apologies, the workaround is for the Windows Store/FM21 GamePass version - you're right that the Xbox Edition unfortunately you can't change location, so will have to wait for the update. As said we're working on the issue and will release it as soon as we're able to do so.

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Apologies, the workaround is for the Windows Store/FM21 GamePass version - you're right that the Xbox Edition unfortunately you can't change location, so will have to wait for the update. As said we're working on the issue and will release it as soon as we're able to do so.

Thanks.

why can't we save locally though?

its been over 24 hours... 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks.

Is there a timescale? How can you not give us an idea of how long it will take for an update. We can’t play the game because of this bug. 

4 minutes ago, Resigned said:

Is there a timescale? How can you not give us an idea of how long it will take for an update. We can’t play the game because of this bug. 

We're aiming to address it as soon as we possibly can, but it's highly unlikely to be at any point today I'm afraid. Given the process of creating, testing and submitting a new version these things will unfortunately take time. 

16 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We're aiming to address it as soon as we possibly can, but it's highly unlikely to be at any point today I'm afraid. Given the process of creating, testing and submitting a new version these things will unfortunately take time. 

Did no one test this recent update to see that there’s a very obvious bug with saving the game? Or are you not able to revert the update so we can play again.

2 hours ago, fraudiola said:

what update? was literally playing for 5 hours yesterday straight then bam... it broke

There was some kind of update because when you load the game now you get a small loading box before the game boots. Whatever it is broke the game majorly.

13 hours ago, Resigned said:

Did no one test this recent update to see that there’s a very obvious bug with saving the game? Or are you not able to revert the update so we can play again.

Just to confirm this wasn't caused by any update released at our end as we haven't released any updates recently, but is something related to the Microsoft Store following an update on that side.

We're now trying to change our code so the store no longer causes the problem you're encountering with FM. 

Appreciate its frustrating and as said, we hope to address it as soon as we can. 

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to say I'm suffering with this issue too.  It's corrupted my save files as well (made them 0.2 MB) and so they no longer load either (due to me trying to save them).  Gutted - my main save was a career game over 3 seasons.

28 minutes ago, Rob Heckman said:

Hi guys, once more apologies for the inconveniences that this issue is causing. We hope to have this resolved soon.

can we expect it fixed within today? 

The update should now be available, so would suggest downloading and trying again now.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The update should now be available, so would suggest downloading and trying again now.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

gaming services update? if thats the one you're referring to then nope, still the same issue. 

edit: nvm an FM update just showed up

Edited by fraudiola
On 29/05/2021 at 14:51, Surmenage said:

Isn't there a solution that you might offer to fix the corrupted game files?

Just wondering if someone could come up with a solution or an advice to restore the corrupted .fm files, due to a problem caused NOT by the user? No recovery software has worked so far to fix those which have reduced to roughly 50KB or so.