Jump to content

The Jack Grealish (and occasionally England) Thread: It's coming home attempt 5782570


Pukey
 Share

Recommended Posts

What a game.  I have never been that tense throughout a game.

Their FK was a screamer, other than that they didn't cause much trouble.  Pickford had a wobbly game, but ultimately I don't think he can be held accountable for that goal given it was such a belter.

The Pen was soft, but was checked by VAR and wasn't a clear and obvious mistake.  Kane's take was tame, but well done on the follow up, and with the OG and the earlier save, it's a shame Sterling didn't get on the scoresheet officially.

Think we really could have done with DCL in the box at times.  I'm a little baffled as to why he's not even in the squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Tried to upload the pic that would help clarify but didn’t work on my phone.

Basically the picture of Wenger looking like he’d planned it all, just like big Sam has.

Oh right I got ya! Thought you were calling me smug and it really confused me :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bigwig said:

After 115 minutes Sterling looked like he’d just came on fresh as a sub. Amazing stamina. 

The way he runs past someone and then somehow slinks in front to get his body around like he's made of liquid is crazy

He definitely got a second wind near the end

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Razzler said:

He definitely got a second wind near the end

Many accounts suggest that's because he was rolling around on the floor resting so much yesterday AFTER YET ANOTHER CHEATING SCUM DIVE! :mad:

Who's got that Immobile .gif? :D

Fabulous double standards last night and this morning on the forum. Can't wait for more from both factions on Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Razzler said:

The way he runs past someone and then somehow slinks in front to get his body around like he's made of liquid is crazy

He definitely got a second wind near the end

Tifo podcast used a gaming reference and compared Sterling to an analog stick and everyone else a D pad :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Haguey said:

Shame we can't celebrate because the pen was a bit soft :(:(:(:(:(

Not to mention the 0-0 loss against Scotland in the groups, the win against an over the hill, spent force in Germany, or the 'it was only Ukraine' and then the 'pen that wasn't a pen' 

If any other major nation had beat Germany 2-0 and Ukraine 4-0 then be lauded etc but with England there's always an excuse levelled at them. There'll always be something to knock England when they get a positive result when The Bitters come rolling in. 

14 hours ago, Smallen said:

I think the only change I would make is Foden in for Mount.

Southgate will know what he’s doing though. 

If Southgate decides it's time for Ramsdale and puts him in behind Kane then so be it. The man can't do no wrong atm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know Liverpool are a special breed, but have you seen the Echos player ratings from last night? :D

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/england-denmark-euro-2020-breaking-20997515

Quote

England player ratings as Declan Rice proves Jordan Henderson mistake and Jordan Pickford recovers

Quote

 

Declan Rice - 6

Poor again from the West Ham man. Struggled to protect the England defence at times. Not the best on the ball but at least won some crucial battles. Rather fortunate to be keeping his place ahead of Jordan Henderson.

 

Quote

 

Jordan Henderson (on for Rice, 95) - 7

A great overlapping attacking threat down the right, whipping in a couple of crosses then helped England see it out after taking the lead.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rice and Phillips were poor in the first half, but both improved from there. Phillips stepped up and had a really good game after HT, whilst Rice was alright. Not bad, but not great either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Rice and Phillips were poor in the first half, but both improved from there. Phillips stepped up and had a really good game after HT, whilst Rice was alright. Not bad, but not great either.

 

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Him and Phillips didn't have a good first half but second they were excellent. 

6 seems like a fair enough rating then, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

Sure...but I wasn't disagreeing with that score.

Yeah the Henderson one is weird. Not sure why Rice one was quoted though.

Didn't check the others, unless the Echo have recently stopped their website being painful to read with ads everywhere.

Edited by EnterUsernameHere
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ginnybob said:

Sure...but I wasn't disagreeing with that score.

Exactly, it's the way they've worded it to sound like Rice was terrible all game and Henderson was wonderful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Yeah the Henderson one is weird. Not sure why Rice one was quoted though.

It's perfectly obvious why I quoted the Rice one 

The tone of the article is it was somehow a mistake not to pick Henderson and then for some bizarre reason they score him higher than the likes of Stones for making great overlapping runs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Henderson Liverpool’s only player in the England squad?  Can’t be that often that Everton have more players representing England than Liverpool.

There seems to be more clubs represented now rather than just the previous big four, which may go some way to explaining how there’s a better team spirit than in the past as you don’t get as many people individual groups of players from their teams sticking together. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Henderson has been very unlucky not to play more than he has, but ultimately he hasn't had enough time on the pitch to put a convincing case for starting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's one of the things Southgate has done so well, if you're good enough it doesn't matter about age or who you play for. Sancho and Bellingham getting their debuts very young and Phillips getting called up with 0 PL games played would have never happened with any other manager.

It helps that this is a great group of talents too of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Haguey said:

Shame we can't celebrate because the pen was a bit soft :(:(:(:(:(

Thank goodness I’m not going to trawl through the threads from the squad announcement and the Scotland draw and the Germany build up and quote all the witless anti-Southgate mob.

Link to post
Share on other sites

24mill viewers last night. Peak was 26.5mill.

Defo beating Boris. Can they top 66. Surely not

From BBC

The most watched event of recent years remains the Prime Minister's May 2020 coronavirus announcement, which was seen by 27.49m viewers across six different channels.

Sunday's Euros final will be shown on both BBC One and ITV and could break the viewing record set by the 32.3m who watched England win the World Cup Final in 1966.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Thank goodness I’m not going to trawl through the threads from the squad announcement and the Scotland draw and the Germany build up and quote all the witless anti-Southgate mob.

Do it. Do a VamPook

He's furious after all the bookmarking he'd been doing. Chuck it in the bin mate

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

Is Henderson Liverpool’s only player in the England squad?  Can’t be that often that Everton have more players representing England than Liverpool.

There seems to be more clubs represented now rather than just the previous big four, which may go some way to explaining how there’s a better team spirit than in the past as you don’t get as many people individual groups of players from their teams sticking together. 

Yeah. Trent the only other one who was in contention really after Gomez's injury. 

I'd be surprised if Ox ever got an England cap so really it's just down to Jones in the near future but he has a lot of competition ahead of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

Do it. Do a VamPook

He's furious after all the bookmarking he'd been doing. Chuck it in the bin mate

I mean I’m totally doing it.

Non-Believers Hall of Shame 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Haguey said:

It's one of the things Southgate has done so well, if you're good enough it doesn't matter about age or who you play for. Sancho and Bellingham getting their debuts very young and Phillips getting called up with 0 PL games played would have never happened with any other manager.

It helps that this is a great group of talents too of course.

Henderson would 100% have been starting under other managers as well, with everyone going on about how unfit he is. He's clearly got a great squad, but he's done an excellent job he really has. And I was definitely a doubter at points before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't like Southgate and early on this tournament I didn't think we'd do much, particularly after the Scotland game.

Delighted to be proved wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ginnybob said:

Are you sure it's nerves or the fear from booze? I've definitely got the latter....

Feeling better yet?

I can’t drink or eat during the games… can’t stomach it. Had a couple of glasses of Gavi afterwards but couldn’t sleep at all :D. Didn’t even get like this when I was a kid!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Yeah. Trent the only other one who was in contention really after Gomez's injury. 

I'd be surprised if Ox ever got an England cap so really it's just down to Jones in the near future but he has a lot of competition ahead of him.

Far too dismissive to Nat Phillips here, future world cup winning captain

Edited by Rafalution
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Feeling better yet?

I can’t drink or eat during the games… can’t stomach it. Had a couple of glasses of Gavi afterwards but couldn’t sleep at all :D. Didn’t even get like this when I was a kid!

Just about back to normal now! Been a long day working...

Usually go to bed about 11pm on a school night but the adrenaline and/or alcohol kept me up until gone 1am.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

"Football's not coming home with that team"

I forgot that quote from Souness. I want to win the final more now. Will be his Hansen moment.

Ah you gotta feel sorry for the Scott's though - they've supported 4 teams in this comp and have yet to see a win :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, darren1983 said:

Ah you gotta feel sorry for the Scott's though - they've supported 4 teams in this comp and have yet to see a win :D 

Costing a bomb in shirts too I imagine ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Ah you gotta feel sorry for the Scott's though - they've supported 4 teams in this comp and have yet to see a win :D 

They're alright, they either get to celebrate Italy winning, or they get to say "Scotland are the only team the champions couldn't beat" ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Ah you gotta feel sorry for the Scott's though - they've supported 4 teams in this comp and have yet to see a win :D 

We got what we came for! :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

We now have a name to put on that cheque. :cool:

 

 

Wait until we reveal the gofundme for the crying girl was actually to bribe the refs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:
What a loser. Imagine voting for this guy. 

I'm not going to watch the video because I'd rather eat my own eyes, but the Guardian have said he won't be watching but will be following the game on his phone and cheering on England, which really sums up the pointless virtue-signalling of his one-man protest.

The bloke is not just a cock, but a cock that can't even stand behind his racist bad decisions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think England winning the tournament and uniting the nation, while a plastic patriot deliberately excludes himself from such an important moment with a pointless protest, would be a deliciously fitting illustration that people who seek to divide us are on the losing side of history.

Edited by Peterj
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...