The Jack Grealish (and occasionally England) Thread: It's coming home attempt 5782570

Pukey

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Except that Gerrard/Lampard were established stars and those three haven't proven anything yet.

Why is Walker playing then? Because he's older. By far your worst player and has looked like the only weak link so far.

If you think Walker is by far the weak link then you obviously didn't watch the match yesterday :D Shocking take even for you.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Except that Gerrard/Lampard were established stars and those three haven't proven anything yet.

Why is Walker playing then? Because he's older. By far your worst player and has looked like the only weak link so far.

Walker was England's best player last night so this is a nonsense comment. His recovery pace is vital, as is his ability to slot into midfield when we are in possession.

Your first comment doesn't make sense either. Sven played Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes together in Euro 2004. Mount and Foden had achieved more at this stage than those two did at that stage.

2 minutes ago, Vynal Seven said:

Even in the first game when Walker was shocking in possession he was still solid defensively. 

The guy has gone from being a fast full back at Spurs to an inverted one at City under Pep ****ing Guardiola and people still don't think he's good :D 

This thread is hilarious :lol:

Got Barry telling us Grealish's part in the goal doesn't count because he had the ball for less than a second followed by an aj telling us Grealish keeps the ball too long :D

I don't think he was the our best player last night but face it. We wouldn't have scored when we did without him on the field.

I think people are just looking to pick holes because of all of the media hype around him and possibly trolling a bit to wind Baptista up :D

The way I look at it is we got the line up we expected and when Southgate could've turned to Foden/Sancho/Rashford/Mount he didn't, he turned to Grealish. That's a massive leap of faith for someone that Southgate wouldn't even entertain calling him up to a squad 12 months ago. 

17 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

If you think Walker is by far the weak link then you obviously didn't watch the match yesterday :D Shocking take even for you.

Well, Werner's chance came from a pass between Stones and Walker.

19 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

Your first comment doesn't make sense either. Sven played Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes together in Euro 2004.

Those 3 were key players of 3 out of 4 best teams in the league.
All made huge impact on the biggest stage in club football for years.

Mount and Foden had achieved more at this stage than those two did at that stage.

Are they more imprtant than Kante/KdB? No.
Then you have Jorginho/Kovačić and half a dozen midfielders for City.

So hard to accomplish stuff on ridiculously stacked teams.

You misread what I was saying, or you read it with your Grealish glasses on. I was saying he didn't create the goal, nor did he somehow magically draw a bunch of German players into him to make space for Shaw in the 1 second he had the ball and played a 5 yard pass, all the German players were drawn to Sterling, that's why Shaw had space. I mean, we've got Baptista telling us not to undervalue the difficulty of his 5 yard pass :D

As I said, I was glad he came on and thought he did well, but not this game changing created 2 goals **** people are trying to throw about. It was Sterling who changed the game and he was behind everything good we did in the game 

4 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

You misread what I was saying, or you read it with your Grealish glasses on. I was saying he didn't create the goal, nor did he somehow magically draw a bunch of German players into him to make space for Shaw in the 1 second he had the ball and played a 5 yard pass, all the German players were drawn to Sterling, that's why Shaw had space. I mean, we've got Baptista telling us not to undervalue the difficulty of his 5 yard pass :D

As I said, I was glad he came on and thought he did well, but not this game changing created 2 goals **** people are trying to throw about. It was Sterling who changed the game and he was behind everything good we did in the game 

If it was all Sterling then how come he couldn't do it before the 70th minute? ;)

3 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Mount was literally Chelsea’s player of the season.

Yeah but he only won the CL, whereas Lampard led his side to second place.

Foden helping City to a title win cannot compare to Gerrard leading Liverpool to 4th

1 minute ago, arenaross said:

Mad that City fans think the City player is the best, Arsenal fans think the Arsenal lad is the best and Villa fans think the Villa bloke is the best. 

Tbf this United is calling the city player the best, and he's easily England's most important player

2 minutes ago, arenaross said:

Mad that City fans think the City player is the best, Arsenal fans think the Arsenal lad is the best and Villa fans think the Villa bloke is the best. 

I don't actually think Saka is the best, I just think he's a better fit for this side than Grealish is.

Sterling is the best and is our most important attacking player

Edited by ajw10

Just now, Barry Cartman said:

I reckon I could search the amount of times he's said that to me and it would be double figures, he says it all the time :D

I've said it literally just and one other time when it was about a handball decision :D

I was being flippant but obviously people are going to be a bit more defensive about their own players. 

Bottom line is that Sterling, Grealish and Saka were all an essential part of the victory so who really cares who did what. 

2 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

Yeah but he only won the CL, whereas Lampard led his side to second place.

Foden helping City to a title win cannot compare to Gerrard leading Liverpool to 4th

Yeah, because it's so much harder to play on a stacked team, right?

I guess Gabriel Jesus is better than Kane.

1 minute ago, Baptista_8 said:

And it's not saying it for the sake of it. Just literally saying those small details (the weight of a pass) shouldn't be laughed off.

Do you not get how complimenting the weight of a simple pass is beyond parody though?

Edited by The_jagster

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, because it's so much harder to play on a stacked team, right?

I guess Gabriel Jesus is better than Kane.

But you didnt say better, you said that Gerrard and Lampard were "established stars" and the other players hadn't proved anything yet.

That was shown to be false, so now you've changed the criteria to suit your point

9 minutes ago, arenaross said:

I get stick for Grealish because I'm an easy target but player bias in here is rife :D

5 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

But you didnt say better, you said that Gerrard and Lampard were "established stars" and the other players hadn't proved anything yet.

Compared to those three, they haven't.

I'm not saying they won't, I personally think Foden can be the best midfielder in the world, but they're nowhere as big names as Gerrard or Lampard were at the time.
Again, not saying they can't or won't get there.

That was shown to be false, so now you've changed the criteria to suit your point

Nah, you just misunderstood me.

3 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Give him a season in Serie A next season and yeah you'll be saying that :D

Maybe a change of scenary would benefit ihm. :brock:

Edited by GunmaN1905

19 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

It was Sterling who changed the game and he was behind everything good we did in the game 

Next you'll be telling us the second goal was all Sterling despite not touching it in the buildup.

7 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

I get stick for Grealish because I'm an easy target but player bias in here is rife :D

well, no :D . You get stick because you go OTT on him and refuse to accept any criticism

Edited by ajw10

8 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

You get stick because you refuse to accept any opinion where Grealish isn't the best thing since sliced bread. Banging on about a 5 yard pass man 

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You get stick because you refuse to accept any opinion where Grealish isn't the best thing since sliced bread. Banging on about a 5 yard pass man 

It's not the case. When Grealish was out of form for four or five games last season I actually criticised him loads for how sloppily he was playing. When people give opinions that I disagree with or underestimate what he can do, then yeah, I question it, never blindly, but because that's what I genuinely believe.

I do get wound up more than I should on here lately though.

Edited by Baptista_8

1 minute ago, Baptista_8 said:

It's not the case. When Grealish was out of form for four or five games last season I actually criticised him loads for how sloppily he was playing. When people give opinions that I disagree with or underestimate what he can do, then yeah, I question it, never blindly, but because that's what I genuinely believe.

I do get wound up more than I should on here lately though.

Sorry but it absolutely has been the case though. I mean a really good example when was Mount drifted out the game a bit because he wasn't getting service, you went off about how Grealish would sort that by demanding the ball and getting on it. Sure enough, when he started, the exact same thing happened to Grealish and then you started complaining about the service to him.  You argued Grealish should have started previously because of his decent cameo off the bench, and then argued against Saka based on his. Can't have it both ways. You spent most of the build up to the Euros arguing with everyone who didn't have Grealish in their starting eleven. Just let it go :D

12 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Keep forgetting Walker was the 3rd CB. Mings for Trippier

I cannot wait for White to sign for Arsenal so I can blindly stick up for him, but also because it means that he's more likely to take over from Mings