The Jack Grealish (and occasionally England) Thread: It's coming home attempt 5782570

Pukey

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, pearcey_90 said:

Not sure what we learned from that? Said ages ago these friendlies were pointless.

We learned that Ben White did more to prove his worth in 5 minutes than Mings and Coady did in the rest of the 90.

1 minute ago, Marc Albrighton said:

If Trent is gone then just put White in for him imo, looked better than Coady and Mings in the brief time he was on. If we have to rely on 1 of those 2 partnering Stones then our tournament will be very short.

Coady is best in a 5, as part of a back 4... whoa, it's not pretty.

Not having Grealish and Foden can't play together. 

I’d start them both but I wouldn’t want them both playing wide in the same team tbh. Probably play Grealish as a 10 with Foden wide. Mount in a 2 with Rice.

I think we saw a lot of evidence tonight of why we need at least one of Sterling/Rashford/Sancho in the team. Absolutely no one was stretching Austria’s defence.

4 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

Not having Grealish and Foden can't play together. 

I don't think they can. Neither are CM's, we don't play with a #10. If you play Grealish and Foden out wide then you've got no one to run in behind

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

I’d start them both but I wouldn’t want them both playing wide in the same team tbh. Probably play Grealish as a 10 with Foden wide. Mount in a 2 with Rice.

I think we saw a lot of evidence tonight of why we need at least one of Sterling/Rashford/Sancho in the team. Absolutely no one was stretching Austria’s defence.

Mount will get ruined in a 2

Just now, ajw10 said:

I don't think they can. Neither are CM's, we don't play with a #10. If you play Grealish and Foden out wide then you've got no one to run in behind

Especially when Kane insists on being so deep. You need someone with pace up there definitely.

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

4231 with Mount as one of the two? That'd be a fun watch, for people not rooting for England. 

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

Literally got two wing backs in Walker/Shaw that love running beyond. If Mahrez/Foden can play together, then those two can.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Surely you can play a #10? 

Southgate doesn't. But also you then can't play a #10 and have Mount.

It's a bit like Gerrard and Lampard but instead people want to fit Mount, Grealish and Foden in a side that also has Kane. All ball players. 

2 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

I mean Grealish has shown several times he is quality in a central midfield position.

Literally got two wing backs in Walker/Shaw that love running beyond. If Mahrez/Foden can play together, then those two can.

Right, but for starters Manchester City don't play with two full backs running beyond. Also, Manchester City are better than England and Pep is miles better than Southgate

Just now, ajw10 said:

Southgate doesn't. But also you then can't play a #10 and have Mount.

It's a bit like Gerrard and Lampard but instead people want to fit Mount, Grealish and Foden in a side that also has Kane. All ball players. 

Agree Southgate doesn't, but again, that's more of a reason to get rid of him that defending the choice.

Agree you can't have all 3 of him, Mount and Foden though. No reason why you can't play two though.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Agree Southgate doesn't, but again, that's more of a reason to get rid of him that defending the choice.

Agree you can't have all 3 of him, Mount and Foden though. No reason why you can't play two though.

Sure, I'd be more than happy to see Southgate go, but he won't so there's no point debating over a #10 when he never uses one

I'm sure Mount and Foden will play the first game