The Jack Grealish (and occasionally England) Thread: It's coming home attempt 5782570

Pukey

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

I assume if there's an injury we can transfer them out until nearer the first game?

Any injuries can be replaced the day before the teams first game, or the open game of the tournament (I can't remember which it is) 

1 minute ago, ryan045 said:

Mugging them off, Southgate probably using JWP as a cone.

How is it mugging them off? This was always going to happen because of when the deadline is and when the games are due to many England players being in Euro finals this past week. 

2 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Right up until the first game

:thup:

Just now, darren1983 said:

Any injuries can be replaced the day before the teams first game, or the open game of the tournament (I can't remember which it is) 

Yeah I thought that was the case, the day before your first game but wasn't 100%.

5 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Solid squad, no issues really.

yeah, I did expect all four RBs to be taken, and it's not the daftest decision given the extra room in the squad, and they all have their different situational uses. If I had a gun to my head and had to drop one, it'd probably be James missing out (including Greenwood at his expense), but I'm most glad he called up Saka and Bellingham than anything else.

22 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

How is it mugging them off? This was always going to happen because of when the deadline is and when the games are due to many England players being in Euro finals this past week. 

“You can play these meaningless games but we don’t need you for the real thing”

I’m teasing a little ofc. Cap’s a cap ain’t it.

If anyone is miffed about playing in the friendlies but left out of the squad, they can easily never be asked to represent their country again.

Playing for your national team is a privilege.

4 minutes ago, ryan045 said:

“You can play these meaningless games but we don’t need you for the real thing”

I’m teasing a little ofc. Cap’s a cap ain’t it.

10 of the squad haven't even met up with them yet. Someone has to play these games. All the players there will have known there was a chance that they would have to play despite not being picked and were, I assume, OK with that. It could also be a case of "thank you for helping us prepare for the Euro's as a thank you I'll give you a start tomorrow night" I'd understand the moaning (and it's not just you I've seen it a lot online since the news came out so don't think I'm picking on you here) if any of the 7 start on Sunday but to me it's just a massive overreaction by many people that are just looking for something to moan about. 

48 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

10 of the squad haven't even met up with them yet. Someone has to play these games. All the players there will have known there was a chance that they would have to play despite not being picked and were, I assume, OK with that. It could also be a case of "thank you for helping us prepare for the Euro's as a thank you I'll give you a start tomorrow night" I'd understand the moaning (and it's not just you I've seen it a lot online since the news came out so don't think I'm picking on you here) if any of the 7 start on Sunday but to me it's just a massive overreaction by many people that are just looking for something to moan about. 

This 100%. If I was one of these players I'd much prefer this to being on the standby list of old. Get to be involved in a game and in training. Make an impression incase somebody gets injured etc.  Beats sitting at home waiting for a call

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

This 100%. If I was one of these players I'd much prefer this to being on the standby list of old. Get to be involved in a game and in training. Make an impression incase somebody gets injured etc.  Beats sitting at home waiting for a call

Yeah I agree with you, they stay in touch with what's going on, fosters more unity and much easier to stay in the coaches eye

Walker

TAA--Justin--Wan Bissaka

Reece James--Trippier--Ayling--Cash

Max Aarons--Walker-Peters--Lamptey

Have I missed one?  I know there are a few injuries in this team would Gareth pick this team if he could :brock:

17 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Gareth Southgate says if he could have picked five or six right-backs for England's Euro 2020 campaign he "would have done".

giphy.gif

Edited by av3ry

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

He was joking. Just watched the interview.

He got well excited when talking about Bellingham. Almost enough to make me think he could start him. 

At RWB? Please!

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

I think he'll go with a back 3 if Maguire isn't fit. If Maguire is, it'll be a back 4

I don't think going with a 3 is smart as I don't think it suits any of our attacking players. 

11 minutes ago, Icondacarver said:

So what if Lingard has a Messi level game scoring 5 goals including running the length of the pitch nutmegging Alaba 3 times en-route to his 5th goal? :D

We wake up

45 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Gareth Southgate says if he could have picked five or six right-backs for England's Euro 2020 campaign he "would have done".

giphy.gif

I mean, he definitely could have, and frankly if he's going to pick four he might as well pick Ayling, Aarons, Cash, Wan Bissaka, Maitland Niles and Young so he's got the full XI

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

I think he'll go with a back 3 if Maguire isn't fit. If Maguire is, it'll be a back 4

He'll only have three actual central defenders if Maguire isn't fit...

7 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Bellingham's more box to box, alongside a holding mid type. I can only see him starting in a 433 if Henderson isn't fit. 

Bellingham-Rice-Mount would be nice

Yep exactly my thoughts