The Jack Grealish (and occasionally England) Thread: It's coming home attempt 5782570

Pukey

9 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I'm a United fan, but I genuinely love this kid. He has everything to be a generational great. Absolutely unfazed. And while people lose their minds over Grealish or no Grealish, he just ****ing does it all 

Yeah I love him too, even as a Liverpool fan (are we rivals? I forget). Greenwood would be in the mix for me too in a few years. Maybe not just as rounded as Foden but with that finishing who cares. 

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If we want to play that game, I'd take the opinion of arguably the best manager in the world in Pep calling Foden the most talented player he has ever seen. 

Tbf Pep says that about his new wonder kid everywhere he goes. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Yeah I love him too, even as a Liverpool fan (are we rivals? I forget). Greenwood would be in the mix for me too in a few years. Maybe not just as rounded as Foden but with that finishing who cares. 

Tbf Pep says that about his new wonder kid everywhere he goes. 

Greenwood won't ever be as rounded as Foden imo, but he has everything to be one of the best all round finishers in the world. Honestly see Van Persie in him

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Greenwood won't ever be as rounded as Foden imo, but he has everything to be one of the best all round finishers in the world. Honestly see Van Persie in him

He's an elite talent. Not as rounded but he doesn't need to be when he plays further forward. And you know how much it pains me to praise a Utd player :lol:

The most hilarious thing about his comment is even if you ignore all the games Foden has had massive influences on already in his young career, from U17 finals for England, to latter stages of the CL like the 2 legs against Dortmund, he completely destroyed Villa away this season, got the equaliser, then got Cash sent off for 2 fouls against him after skinning him all game as well as being MOTM :D

2 hours ago, Baptista_8 said:

Have you not watched Jack Grealish before? Even your compatriot Mourinho said Kane and Grealish should be the two nailed on starters.

I have (admittedly not much recently) and he does look great no doubt about it, but I just don't agree with Mourinho. Foden over him if you have to choose between both. The young lad seems to be some kind of a robot, controls the ball like a videogame character, makes all the right decisions as if he's being controlled in a videogame by someone watching the game from an overhead position. Generational talent.

22 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I have (admittedly not much recently) and he does look great no doubt about it, but I just don't agree with Mourinho. Foden over him if you have to choose between both. The young lad seems to be some kind of a robot, controls the ball like a videogame character, makes all the right decisions as if he's being controlled in a videogame by someone watching the game from an overhead position. Generational talent.

Grealish does all of those, decision making has always been next level :)

Foden was incredible at the U17 World Cup too. I watched almost every game that he played here and he was a level above the others. England were 2-0 down in the final against Spain but came back to win 5-2 and he absolutely ran the show, looking like a seasoned pro playing against a bunch of teenagers. Many of England's games were in front of 60k+ people too and you could tell that it didn't faze him one bit.

That England team also had Hudson-Odoi, Brewster, Sancho (for the group stages), etc. so it's not like playing with average players was making him look good.

Foden is potentially a future Ballon d’Or winner. Grealish, whilst amazing, probably isn’t.

It’s awesome to have options. If someone’s not playing well or we need to switch formation then we bring Grealish on. It’s a brilliant position to be in. Just wish we had some defenders...

This has descended into a "My dad is bigger / faster / stronger than yours" debate from a primary school playground :D

I've got the jitters now. Croatia are a good side with some very good players from midfield forwards.

I'm hoping the CL finalists integrated into the system this week and we can click immediately. If there's a group stage game where I expect to lose points, it's this one.

Thinking about it, I'd just go 433 to squeeze Grealish and Foden in. Gives extra protection to a makeshift centre back pairing and gets Grealish on the ball centrally.

Means Mount misses out though and for me that's more of the dilemma, Grealish or Mount, rather than Grealish or Foden, in that system at least.

43 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Foden is potentially a future Ballon d’Or winner. Grealish, whilst amazing, probably isn’t.

It’s awesome to have options. If someone’s not playing well or we need to switch formation then we bring Grealish on. It’s a brilliant position to be in. Just wish we had some defenders...

This. Imagine having Foden et Al go at you. And then you decided to bring on Grealish and Sancho

I actually think we have some decent defenders, but they aren't actually here (Konsa, Tomori) think Ben White has real potential too

5 minutes ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

My line up for tonight.

Spink

Ehiogu, Southgate, Mings

Young, Barry, Delph, Milner

Grealish, Watkins, Vassell

You know it makes sense

Why wouldn't you start Ezri Konsa you maniac? 

11 minutes ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

My line up for tonight.

Spink

Ehiogu, Southgate, Mings

Young, Barry, Delph, Milner

Grealish, Watkins, Vassell

You know it makes sense

The lack of Agbonlahor disappoints me

Shaws had a great season at LB. Left Side will be come down blunt if Sterling is off form again as Trippier won’t over lap. Wonder if we’ll see Trippier come inside so it’s a 3 and Walker bombs right forward That’s the only logic I can see as Trippier would be better than Shaw/Chilwell in doing that.

I thought Trippier looked alright at left back in the friendly but its a really odd decision to play him there in a competitive match especially when we already have a few good left backs in the squad.

I wouldn't mind Trippier at left back if there was no one else but we've got two genuinely good options with Shaw and Chilwell? Interesting he's going with Phillips over Bellingham, presumably he thinks that will give more solidity. 

10 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

away from everyone hunting Southgate for a lineup seen on Twitter, I have to agree about Greenwood.  I've noticed he's played as a 2nd striker although a lot of the time he's on the right wing and in my honest opinion, he's got the skills to be a clinical striker who can get 15-20+ goals a season which is why I don't get how he's always on a wing?

will only get better learning from Cavani as well, one of the best strikers in Europe for well over a decade

5 minutes ago, TM said:

away from everyone hunting Southgate for a lineup seen on Twitter, I have to agree about Greenwood.  I've noticed he's played as a 2nd striker although a lot of the time he's on the right wing and in my honest opinion, he's got the skills to be a clinical striker who can get 15-20+ goals a season which is why I don't get how he's always on a wing?

will only get better learning from Cavani as well, one of the best strikers in Europe for well over a decade

Same reason as all those type of players. He can’t really play up front on his own, and it’s very difficult to play with 2 out and out strikers in modern football.