The Scotland Thread

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real SOD has returned. After looking ok level versus England looks like park player again today same as Czechia. But was right to keep him in after England.

Howfin' they say?

54 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

The **** was that Andy Considine video?!

How have you no seen that before? Been doing the rounds for about 2 year. Did you no know where the song came from?

I’ll say it now in the hope I’m proved wrong, we’ve no chance now.

One down, Hanley off, McKenna on and on a yellow already…can see us losing by more before the game is done.

6 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I’ll say it now in the hope I’m proved wrong, we’ve no chance now.

At 1-1 we’ve got absolutely no chance ;)

2 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Armstrong is a ****ing liability. 

He often slides effortlessly from incisive to liability from one possession to the next.

Would be tempted to take a gamble on Turnbull if the game goes on and we are still in with a chance.

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

He's been poor, messing up even the most basic of passes.

He seems to always think he has the raw power to go past the opponent's entire midfield. Get yer heed screwed on! I'm looking at the bench and thinking we have one of the highest chance creators in Europe sitting there in David Turnbull. Surely worth a shout, even if he lacks experience.

Edited by Tikka Mezzala

Maybe I’m distracted by nerves but I’ve not picked up on Armstrong’s poor showing.

Before the game though I would have said around the 70 minute mark Armstrong should be off for Turnbull and Dykes off for Nisbet.

5 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Maybe I’m distracted by nerves but I’ve not picked up on Armstrong’s poor showing.

Before the game though I would have said around the 70 minute mark Armstrong should be off for Turnbull and Dykes off for Nisbet.

Well he was absolutely dreaming there for that runner,

Just now, HOORAY HENRIK said:

Christ, how many of these are we going to miss.

It's okay, just part of the plan. Marshall is going to come up for a corner on 94 minutes and bag the winner to come full circle from game one. :thup:

International commentary attacking MgGinn for falling for foul in 'premier league style' but unlike other times that was a guaranteed freekcick. Crazy refereeing, guess he just couldn't forget he saw O'Donnell revenge

Don't want to be too harsh, but really surprised SC didn't make a change before that goal. Croatia really starting to impose theirselves and we could have done with a change to boost us.

2 minutes ago, Snedhead said:

Don't want to be too harsh, but really surprised SC didn't make a change before that goal. Croatia really starting to impose theirselves and we could have done with a change to boost us.

Said as much myself, were looking leggy before it.

Can't see us getting 2 for winning this, so just all about trying to square it up now and take them out the Euros with us.

Edited by Obi-Wan Kenobi

Meh. Just haven't done enough sadly.

Easy with hindsight, and it was always going to be tough, but I'm feeling frustrated we haven't done a bit more to mix it up and go for it. We've leaned so heavily on the long ball to Dykes. Should we have sacrificed a forward for an attacking midfielder to try and create something? Should we have taken Armstrong off earlier? Should we have taken the workmanlike O'Donnell off for a more attacking option? Should we have given Nisbet a chance to stretch them?

Obviously Clarke trusts 'his' guys, but we could all see the game slipping away at the start of the second half and it's hard not to be a little annoyed he didn't react.

3 minutes ago, Snedhead said:

Should we have taken Armstrong off earlier? Should we have taken the workmanlike O'Donnell off for a more attacking option? Should we have given Nisbet a chance to stretch them?

Yes, Yes, No

3 minutes ago, Snedhead said:

Edited by Christmas