Unexpected release clause issue or am I missing something?

I've been plaing as usual while this very weird thing occurred.

https://preview.redd.it/uo2yrg61ruy61.png?width=1269&format=png&auto=webp&s=ab16b4395d8a49f4ae66d4703eac18550204cff3

Then I checked players profile because I have no memory of player's release clause and I'm very strict about removing those from their contracts.

https://preview.redd.it/id16qap2ruy61.png?width=1749&format=png&auto=webp&s=11a5b8319f452015c37ca2154e854c768a5f41e8

As expected there is NO SIGN of any release clause so can anyone tell me what just happened?

Also what is this thing?

https://preview.redd.it/z0t1mas4ruy61.png?width=1264&format=png&auto=webp&s=fff8739c584d7a1cc6950b3bf710399cc039eff0

Is his agent expecting that I'll pay him some remaining wage/bonuses because he's leaving? Asking because I've never ever had this interaction before.

I'm not sure is this proper sub-forum to post this because it's looks like a bug for me but maybe I'm missing something. Honestly I'm not used to playing with big teams. I usually managed much lower reputation sides with smaller wages/money so some interactions like agent's offer are new to me.

[edit]

Refusing to pay agent''s demands stopped the transfer but why did it occurred in a first place?

If a player is going to get a lesser wage at their new club, they can now ask you for a lump sum payment to make up for what they would have earned if they had stayed. I have usually had it happen when I have actively sold someone, rather than them asking to leave.

As for the ghost release clause, I have no idea. Maybe get a new assistant manager? :D

I've checked everything and the only suspect is that player had 'Asking price' set to said 650k but there was no action connected with the price. It was probably some relic when he wanted to leave few years ago or something. Still it's weird for me that even in this situation (if that's the case) assistant would accept offer without me.

Glad I could still block the transfer because it's one of my best players at the moment. Would be real shame to lost him that way.

I think that this is a wording issue as it looks like the bid has matched his asking price and so would be expected to be accepted.  Unless you have specifically set your AM to deal with transfers, no bid should be accepted by someone below you, although the board and D o F can if all the clauses are met.

Might be worth checking the set asking price for all your squad until you find out why the AM is accepting bids- check the staff responsibilities screen- I wonder if this player wasn't a first team player and someone apart from the Manager was dealing with transfer bids for the reserve and youth squads?

8 hours ago, FrazT said:

Might be worth checking the set asking price for all your squad until you find out why the AM is accepting bids- check the staff responsibilities screen- I wonder if this player wasn't a first team player and someone apart from the Manager was dealing with transfer bids for the reserve and youth squads?

I have all the responsibilities with transfer/contract within all teams (senior, II, u-19). No DoF in the club. Also as said there was nothing set as action for asking price. The player was my first team starter so his only interaction with II team is him playing in friendlies if he's somehow out of shape when I bench him for a few games.

Looks like a bug, might be worth reporting..

The compensation feature is quite common in this years FM, if you want to get them off the books it can be worth paying them off, especially if you're getting a transfer fee exceeding the compensation. 

Well it happened again.

obraz.png.3a1e74975be7974588cc8559a72a943d.png

No clause.

obraz.thumb.png.4b633caa564481bb731948e69d22c62b.png

No asking price.

obraz.thumb.png.447fc4c2f9417d8982810eb8b214d6e7.png

No staff responsibilities related to transfers of ANY kind.

obraz.thumb.png.054cef15014e410200ce89e63993cdb6.png

obraz.thumb.png.45adda36832d89daaa2250dd49fc6a59.png

What the hell is happening here?! It's definitely not pleasant to lose a player that way.

[edit]

Gladly he rejected the offer but I don't want to lose players in some magical way.

Edited by Orion_

Thanks!

Uploaded files names:

• Till Lindemann - Kaiserslautern (transfer issue backup).fm
  • Till Lindemann - Kaiserslautern.fm

First one (backup) is in first issue occurrence, it's when transfer offer is ongoing and second one is some time after the second issue because I haven't done separate backup. I wasn't expecting this to go into bugs.

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

It seems that Hannover have a buy back clause on the player, but the phrasing on that transfer offer does not make it clear enough - so that's something we'll take up with the dev team :) 

Kind regards,

Vik

7 hours ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

It seems that Hannover have a buy back clause on the player

Thanks for taking a look on the topic. After you pointing out direction it turned out he actually has release clause for this club but you probably know that already.

obraz.png.5dea91853f37a1393faf1665de46fd08.png

So everything looks fine I suppose in terms of potential issue (there is none). Only problem it's actually pretty hidden if you're not aware of it. It should be somehow mentioned in players contract of anywhere in his profile. Otherwise you end up in situation like me where after like 5 years you realize you can lose your very important player for pennies because of clause that was there before you even got to the club.

So again thanks for your time and hope it can be somehow resolved in future versions to prevent being unpleasant surprise.