Turkey's Provisional 30-man squad

adhikapp

Soyuncu, Kabak and Muldur in defense, Calhanoglu, Yazici and Under all behing Burak Yilmaz does not sound bad at all. I think they got a good squad with most of the players having enough game time in their squads this season. Not sure who will start in goal and how good they are there @adhikapp? Unfortunately for them they have a pretty hard group, see them battling with Switzerland for 2/3 in group behind Italy.

I'd say it's the most open group out of the six, Italy are favourites but not guaranteed to win any of their games; Wales on paper the weakest but still with a fighting chance in all three. Turkey in the qualis have looked good as a counter-attacking team with with their performances in the WC qualis v Norway and the Netherlands taken into account I could easily see them turning Italy over, though they seem less capable when the onus is on them to take the game to their opposition.

13 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Soyuncu, Kabak and Muldur in defense, Calhanoglu, Yazici and Under all behing Burak Yilmaz does not sound bad at all. I think they got a good squad with most of the players having enough game time in their squads this season. Not sure who will start in goal and how good they are there @adhikapp? Unfortunately for them they have a pretty hard group, see them battling with Switzerland for 2/3 in group behind Italy.

I'm not Turkish but my educated guess would be either Mert Gunok/Ugurcan Cakir to start in goal. Gunok is the older & more experienced option playing for Basaksehir, and Cakir is the younger & promising option playing for Trabzonspor. 

There's no way Kabak starts ahead of Demiral.

Soyuncu-Demiral is a good CB partnership, with Celik on the right, Lille's starting RB. Idk about LB.

1 hour ago, Rob1981 said:

Look a bit light at the back.  None of the defenders older than mid-twenties or with that many caps.  Where's Caner Erkin?  Injured?

He was washed up 4 years ago, let alone now. :D

He was in the squad for the WC qualifiers in March :D

Just looking at who's been around the team recently with a decent number of caps.

You don't tend to go far at a big tournament with an inexperienced defence.

feel Turkey could be one of the dark horses, I watched them against Holland a few months ago and they were superb

Yacizi and Yilmaz have been major highlights for Lille in Ligue 1 this season as well

Agreed, Turkey looks like a team that can do damage. Their group allows for them to progress to the next round as well. I don't know if Wales is any good this time around and Switzerland is usually tough but nothing special. First game vs Italy could also be an upset.