Euro 2020/21 Schedule and Groups

Neil Brock

On 14/05/2021 at 14:18, Neil Brock said:

Euro 08 no home nations qualified and Spain were just a bit too good for everyone else.  

2008 was actually quite enjoyable.

Prime Zlatan, the last dance of the Czechs (and an epic game vs Turkey to send them out in the last game within 1 minute), the Dutch team with a new generation (Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie, Van der Vaart, Huntelaar) and no defenders whatsoever :D Also included a very solid Russian generation there, probably their best ever since the fall of the Soviet Union. 

Spain actually wasn't that good, they only had like 2 great games, both vs Russia! They scraped through the group with late wins, PKs versus Italy and I'm pretty sure the Germans would feel like the final should have gone the other way. 

For all their hype, Spain was rather underwhelming in everything apart from the final score. World Cup 2010 I disliked their games as they were very dull, merely 1-0 wins iirc. And in the 2012 they weren't that great but had their moments of course. Didn't like that Euro honestly. Also agree with you on 2016 and I think this will be an issue with 2020+1 as well. Too many teams. Watch UEFA go for 32 teams now that the World Cup has gone for 48 (which will also be annoyingly dull). 

I still can't get over 2008 and that elimination against Turkey.

Could've won the whole thing, probably the most balanced Croatian team ever.

Especially if Eduardo didn't get murdered a couple of months earlier.

Edited by GunmaN1905

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quarterfinals schedule:

Quarter-finals

Friday 2 July

QF1: Switzerland vs Spain (18:00, St Petersburg)
QF2: Belgium vs Italy (21:00, Munich)

Saturday 3 July

QF3: Czech Republic vs Denmark (18:00, Baku)
QF4: Ukraine vs England (21:00, Rome)

All kick-off times are shown in CEST (Central European Summer Time).

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/0254-0d41684d1216-06773df7faed-1000--euro-2020-fixtures-and-results/