First Team participating in Youth Competitions

TheMarcoW

I want to make the region of Saarland an independent nation, so I replaced Luxembourg and made my own leagues etc, but after testing the file, I noticed that one of the teams, Saarbrücken, started participating in the U19 competition (U19-Ehrenliga) alongside their U19's team, whilst also playing normal league matches. Further, their U21 started playing in the third U19's division (U19-Bezirksliga), despite there being a seperate U21's league.

Saarb1.thumb.PNG.7b37060a9b5195b85224e565db5a981e.PNGSaarb2.thumb.PNG.e656d86b3d8701ae7c49934fb456deef.PNGU19EL.thumb.PNG.54263dd1d03d709e0ccb5552eb9116c3.PNGU19BZL.thumb.PNG.d1a152b5c9af70ade99c659fe3efbb21.PNG

This problem seems to also have affected the youth teams of Elversberg, as their U21's are now also playing in the U19's third division, alongside their U19, who won the U19's first division the year prior.

I have no clue how and why this happened, but it would be great if someone had an idea on how to fix this - here's the editor file, thanks in advance.

A - Saarland.fmf

Firstly it's a shame that Saarland doesn't exist as an extinct nation in the database since they played in a World Cup. 

Secondly I have an older version of the game so can't check but there are two obvious things that could go wrong. Have you verified the settings for Saarbrücken and Elversberg? Where are their reserve teams set to play? This doesn't explain the first teams per se but if something is not right here it may disrupt other things. THe other thing is how the U19 leagues select teams. Is it clearly set as a U19-division? If not the team type needs to be U19 team. 

Am 10.5.2021 um 22:53 schrieb Fredrik:

Firstly it's a shame that Saarland doesn't exist as an extinct nation in the database since they played in a World Cup. 

Secondly I have an older version of the game so can't check but there are two obvious things that could go wrong. Have you verified the settings for Saarbrücken and Elversberg? Where are their reserve teams set to play? This doesn't explain the first teams per se but if something is not right here it may disrupt other things. THe other thing is how the U19 leagues select teams. Is it clearly set as a U19-division? If not the team type needs to be U19 team. 

yeah the team types and the division were both set to U19, so I'll just have automatically created divisions that mirror the first two divisions... there will be no minimum age for players to play in the lower leagues, and their youth players will have to play for the first team then