Mouvement , Engine

destmez

Football manager developers should move towards this style of player movement which feels much more natural for next years .

Very frankly and friendly please SI contact Yassine Hamouche: http://www.yassinehamouche.net    https://www.artstation.com/yassine_hamouche I think he can give you some advice 

On rush football this sound of pre-recorded images but you can see the body language of the players how they control the ball, orient their bodies, dribble . which of the things that are still currently missing in the game, players are a bit robotic

It is in this direction for my part that I see things in the future, I think that we must consider, think of changing the engine in the future 

I don't know about you but what I suggest is to switch (in the future) to Unreal engine 5 in order to push back all the curents limitations and to have access to the large bibliotech of quixel (Quixel  )

this engine has a much greater potential, will certainly be able to make the game moddable ( As for Konami's PES ) , not to mention the AI which could be better on those engine , more with that you can add cinematics, cut-scene .I surely forget a lot of other things that could be bad for the football manager series

What do you think of all this?

4 minutes ago, Spedding said:

Rush football 2 as far as I'm aware is pre rendered from match clips and not from an actual match engine like fm.

we must be inspired by movements to make the players more human

The difference, as @Spedding has mentioned, is that FM is not pre-rendered. It's played out as interpreted from the ME to the graphical engine. So those types of games will have a limited set of highlights or plays. The FM match will never be identical, while in those types of games it will. Of course FM should strive towards that kind of graphics, but rendering the FM match engine "on the fly" to that level would demand much more than FM currently does. And this goes back to the old "a big bunch of FM'ers doesn't play many other games than FM and won't have the computing power to render that".

And the whole same thing of "how many NEW players would that attract realistically vs how many of the older player base you would lose". If the net gain is not more than the development of this type of graphics would cost, then why make the jump?

That's not to say a gradual improvement and higher expectancy of computer power is useless or unwanted, but I don't expect FM to look like any pre-rendered clips in the short term.

On 07/05/2021 at 13:24, XaW said:

The difference, as @Spedding has mentioned, is that FM is not pre-rendered. It's played out as interpreted from the ME to the graphical engine. So those types of games will have a limited set of highlights or plays. The FM match will never be identical, while in those types of games it will. Of course FM should strive towards that kind of graphics, but rendering the FM match engine "on the fly" to that level would demand much more than FM currently does. And this goes back to the old "a big bunch of FM'ers doesn't play many other games than FM and won't have the computing power to render that".

And the whole same thing of "how many NEW players would that attract realistically vs how many of the older player base you would lose". If the net gain is not more than the development of this type of graphics would cost, then why make the jump?

That's not to say a gradual improvement and higher expectancy of computer power is useless or unwanted, but I don't expect FM to look like any pre-rendered clips in the short term.

I suggested to add movements not to pre-record

"many of the older player base you would lose". If the net gain is not more than the development of this type of graphics " I'm not talking about graphics anymore (I think you already know my position, you must certainly recognize my nickname) I'm only talking about movements I don't think fans are disappointed to see IF add new motion animation, between the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st they always add animations and no one was disappointed about that .  @XaW

58 minutes ago, destmez said:

I suggested to add movements not to pre-record

"many of the older player base you would lose". If the net gain is not more than the development of this type of graphics " I'm not talking about graphics anymore (I think you already know my position, you must certainly recognize my nickname) I'm only talking about movements I don't think fans are disappointed to see IF add new motion animation, between the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st they always add animations and no one was disappointed about that .  @XaW

Of course I would want to see more animations and generally better/more realistic movement for the players. The problem is that you have compared it to pre-rendered clips which are much easier to look good, because they can tailor it to what they want, but it is not flexible enough to a game like FM.

If your thought behind this thread was to say that you would like improved animations in future versions, then I'm certainly agreeing with you. I read it as you wanted FM to look like those clips now...