A Baker's Dozen Reunion - FM'21 signup

Back after a couple years down-time, a Baker's Dozen sign-up global experiment. Something's in the water of French overseas territory Reunion, and 13 youth prospects under the tutelage of Alexandre Baker (Son of Scottish coaching legend Scott Baker) begin their career at Saint-Denis FC in the Reunion Premier League.

There will be more background/history to this story at the start-up, including overall goals, but what is needed from you, the potential participants (13 required):

MLMRAMCSTST)

Each person (other than GK) may select a secondary player position, i.e. DL/DC, DR/DC,

DM/MC, AML/ST, MR/AMR, etc.

Player Name:

Nation of birth (choose from: France, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, Reunion)

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all)

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs)

position(s):

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. ONE of the four attributes can be a hidden attribute. Rest of attributes will be randomized by the database.:

You may select one PPM

CA/PA will be randomized outside of the database and entered.

Once I have a full 13, it will take a few days to build the starting database and write the background copy. All I ask is that once the sign-up is complete and we go "live", that participants check in to comment/acknowledge the progress of the story. 

and...GO! 

Edited by podunkboy

Thanks for starting this.

Quick question. Are the attributes we 'choose' allowed to be hidden attributes? If so, I'll change one of the attributes.

Hope I've got it right.

Player Name: Joséph de Beauharnais

Nation of birth: Martinique

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) 23 June

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 1.85cm / 85kg

position(s): AMC (Secondary position MC)

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be randomized by the database.:

Professionalism - 18

Decisions - 15

Positioning - 12

Corners - 3

You may select one PPM: Tries killer balls often

Edited by vikeologist

Player Name: Britus Rock

Nation of birth (choose from: France, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, Reunion) Reunion

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) 5 Dec

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 1.85/80kg

position(s): MR (secondary DR)

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be randomized by the database.:

Acceleration - 18

Passing - 15

Work rate - 12

Long shot - 3

You may select one PPM

Tries long range passes

Edited by Britrock

Player Name: Marijo Cheezey

Nation of birth (choose from: France, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, Reunion) Martinique

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) 23 Dec

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 1.90/85kg

position(s): DR (secondary DC)

Positioning - 18

Work Rate- 15

Marking - 12

Corners - 3

You may select one PPM

Arrives Late In Opponents Area

Edited by Cheez3y

Player Name: Israel Astruc

Nation of birth (choose from: France, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, Reunion) France

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) Oct 15

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 1.70/76kg

position(s): DM with MC as secondary position

Professionalism - 18

Work Rate- 15

Positioning - 12

Corners - 3

You may select one PPM

Marks Opponents Tightly

Edited by David Corperial
Changed some things

16 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Quick question. Are the attributes we 'choose' allowed to be hidden attributes? If so, I'll change one of the attributes.

yes, you can choose a hidden attribute. 

Player Name: Josu Crean

Nation of birth: France

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) 26 Nov

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 190cm / 88kg

position(s): ST/AML

Finishing - 18

Pace - 15

Composure - 12

Long Throws - 3

You may select one PPM: Tries Long Shots often (i think the PPM is something like that, but long shots focused either way)

Edited by glennuk

Player Name: Olivier Macland

Nation of birth (choose from: France, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, Reunion) Guadeloupe

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) 8 Aug

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 1.85/86kg

position(s): DMC / DC 

Determination- 18

Tackling- 15

Work rate - 12

Long throws - 3

You may select one PPM

Throw Himself Into Tackles

Edited by OlivierL

Player Name: Neuf Lamas

Nation of birth: Martinique

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) 24 June

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 2.1m / 100kg

position(s): ST (no secondary)

Strength - 18

Balance - 15

First Touch - 12

Flair - 3  

You may select one PPM: Static Target Man (Hope this still exists) if not then Plays with back to goal

Edited by Brother Ben

Player Name: Matthieu Le Guienéen

Nation of birth: French Guiana

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) 10 December

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 1.75m / 70kg

position(s): MC (AMC secondary)

Dribbling - 18

Technique - 15

Passing - 12

Aggression - 3  

You may select one PPM: Knocks Ball Past Opponents

Player Name: Jacques Hawx

Nation: Martinique

D.O.B: 17th July

Height and weight: 2m and 90kg

Position: CB Secondary: LB

Tackling 18

Determination 15

Marking 12

Corners 3

Throws himself into tackles.

Hope this is good. Can’t wait to see what happens!

Player Name: Roland Garros

Nation of birth: Reunion

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) 06 October

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 1.80m / 75kg

position(s): ML (AML secondary)

Professionalism - 18

Pace - 15

Passing - 12

Tackling - 3  

Edited by Thebaker

14 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

Player Name: Roland Garros

Nation of birth: Reunion

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) 06 October

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 1.80m / 75kg

position(s): ST (AMC secondary)

Professionalism - 18

Pace - 15

Shooting - 12

Tackling - 3  

Only GK, ML, DC and DL still left for selection.

don't seem to have any takers for the ML, DC, DL and GK positions, if someone doesn't speak up within 24 hours I'll just plug in some names and random stats and I'll start setting up the team database. (I still have to push out my family's taxes before the end of the weekend...I'm such a slacker.)

12 hours ago, podunkboy said:

don't seem to have any takers for the ML, DC, DL and GK positions, if someone doesn't speak up within 24 hours I'll just plug in some names and random stats and I'll start setting up the team database. (I still have to push out my family's taxes before the end of the weekend...I'm such a slacker.)

i choose the ML

Honestly, it's been so long since we've had a signup, maybe not enough people know what it is. Also, maybe people haven't noticed it. I'm not sure how many people ever look at the CSE list of threads.

@podunkboyWhat about looking at the people who took part in the last one and atting them?

Like @Lenzar @XaW @Crispypaul

Guess I've done that now.

Can't believe how long it's been since the Baker's Dozen I remember. Doesn't even appear when I searched for it.

Been a long time, but sure, I'll join!

Player Name: Xavier Alden

Nation of birth: Guadeloupe

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all) July 10th

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 1.92cm / 95kg

position(s): GK

Handling- 18

Reflexes- 15

Throwing- 12

Off the ball- 3

You may select one PPM: Uses long throw to start counter attacks

Player Name: Guillame Rees

Nation of birth: France

Month and date of birth April 1

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 190cm, 85kg

position(s): DC

Determination: 18

Tackling: 15

Heading: 12

Creativity: 3

You may select one PPM: Mark opponents tightly

I'd love to join!

Player Name: Laurent Petit-Homme

Nation of birth: French Guiana

Month and date of birth (year will be set for all): March 13th

Ht/Wt (in meters/kgs) 185cm, 78kg

Position(s): DL/DR

Acceleration:  18

Tackling: 15

Work Rate: 12

Leadership: 3

Okay, positions all claimed, taxes filed, going to start inputting the players into the database.  Watch here for updates and link to the Reunion storyline soon. 

Got the players input, had to merge that database with the Reunion database to get it to install into FM, started up a holiday test for a year, looks like the players are beasts who will likely run to France at first opportunity, but we'll see. However, the players don't have faces, and I can't manage a team of faceless players, so I'm downloading the NewGAN faces generator to see if I can get it to make us some ethnically-appropriate players. If I can't get it to work after a couple tries, I'll continue on, faceless. 

I THINK I got the NewGan manager to work, and in a test run, you all came up as beautiful mid-teen young men of various color. I'm going to find a skin with a better player pic display and then...we'll get this show on the road. 

I HAD the handsome faces displaying in the test file, but when I went to start the actual save, faces gone, the pic manager doesn't work. Searched online, apparently it's a common problem that the developers have chosen to ignore/abandon, so for now...just going to start the save and maybe we can add pics later...really disappointed because the NewGan program really showed some promise. I'll fire it up, grab some intro screen shots of all the players...

14 hours ago, podunkboy said:

I HAD the handsome faces displaying in the test file, but when I went to start the actual save, faces gone, the pic manager doesn't work. Searched online, apparently it's a common problem that the developers have chosen to ignore/abandon, so for now...just going to start the save and maybe we can add pics later...really disappointed because the NewGan program really showed some promise. I'll fire it up, grab some intro screen shots of all the players...

I can send u some good newgem pictures from "Laura Moose "?

15 hours ago, podunkboy said:

Send me screenshots of the players with "show screen IDs in title bar to assist skinning" turned on in preferences and i'll match some newgan players to them and send you a facepack with a config file that will just work.  All you'll have to do is put a folder in your graphics folder

Let me know  :)

Edited by Brother Ben

On 29/05/2021 at 02:01, podunkboy said:

Actually pretty close to me, when I really played football.

Not really fast and cant cross, but workrate, aggression, decision, positioning, tackling, marking are all almost spot on.

Only heading is completly wrong, I hated it. :D

Edited by Cheez3y

Brother Ben's pics loaded into the database just fine, am going to have to tweak the league rules in the database as Reunion only allows 4 foreign-born players registered per team, so either the league changes for us or the players get 2nd-nationality Reunionese. 

While 2/3s of the way into the first season (season update coming soon...)

"No, seriously board - I'm SURE I can replace that wonder-kid with that "leftover money" you got from selling my player at WELL under asking price and barely over value."  Ligue 1 will own my dozen before the season's over at this rate, I don't even get to negotiate offers with these chuckleheads...

(So, that's how my weekend's going, how's yours?)

And so it begins...

Alexandre Baker, talented scion of Scotland coaching great Scott Baker (see previous sign-ups), has begun his coaching career after an acceptable career playing in and for Scotland was cut short due to nagging injuries. Because of some continental ties in France (his mother played for the French women's national team), he was presented an intriguing opportunity - to take the reins of Saint-Denis FC on the African island of Reunion, and to shepherd the progress of a wonderful crop of youngsters gathered from Reunion, France, and the Overseas Territories of Martinque, Guadeloupe, and French Guiana (don't ask why, that's how sign-ups work!) In addition, the head coaching job at Reunion had also conveniently come up, and since the country is ranked 212 in the FIFA rankings, they offered that job to him, also. 

So, Alexandre arrives in Reunion in January 2020 to run the rule over the collection of 15- and 16-year-olds to see what he can build before all his young wonderkids are snatched away by clubs with deep pockets and vague promises...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2514082812

Edited by podunkboy

9 hours ago, Thebaker said:

they will all be in France within a season it looks like

well, Reunionese players can't play overseas until they turn 18, and I think most of the contracts are future transfers so I think I can hold most of the team together for another year or year and a half. When it gets down to 1 or 2, I'll resign, look for a decent 2nd-league French team, and try to take them with me. There are too many restrictions at Saint-Denis for a long-term future - they're still semi-pro, they won't let me scout outside of Reunion (but want me to sign high-profile players, etc.)